This launcher allows players to easily edit hidden graphics settings such as DirectX Level, FoV, Water Detail, Shadows detail and many many more! Made by GossamerSolid of TheGameWardens.net Gaming Community.
This launcher allows players to easily edit hidden graphics settings such as DirectX Level, FoV, Water Detail, Shadows detail and many many more! Made by GossamerSolid of the awpaholica.com Gaming Community.
Gossamer's Bad Company 2 Launcher
This tool is meant for players to be able to modify settings that are not changeable from the In-Game settings menu. These are normally found in the settings.ini file in your MyDocuments\BFBC2.
What this application does is load all your settings in and allows you to change them all, save them directly back to the settings.ini file then directly launch your game.
+ Directly Launch Bad Company 2
+ Change Every Single Graphics Option (Including Direct X Level, Field of View, Shadows Detail, etc)
+ Clean GUI-based application for easy navigation
+ Works with Steam, Retail, Direct 2 Drive copies and more
+ Many more features!
This is the first launcher built for Bad Company 2, enjoy!
PS: I have tested this with 3 Steam-Based users and 2 Retail user (Online Activation Method)
- Graphics drop down boxes' sizes increased so the setting "medium" is not cut off
- HSAO has been corrected and is now written as HBAO
- If the user has DX 9 on, Anti-Ailiasing is set to 1x and the slider is disabled
- Removed DXVersion "AUTO" setting. Users have to specify their DX Version (defaults to Dx9)
- Added in all three preset qualities
- If a user changes a setting from a preset quality, it will automatically set it to "custom" so the customized settings work
- Added in Render Ahead Limit under "General Settings"
- Fixed Read/Write for the settings.ini file not closing properly, ending in crashes
- Added in a check to ensure the user has a settings.ini file (They have ran the game once)
- Added a button that links to Rulesy's FOV Calculator
You will need an archiver program capable of opening up .RAR files in order to extract the program. Once you have the program extracted, proceed to run it.
Since it is your first time running the Launcher, it will ask you to point the launcher to where Bad Company 2 is installed. There are three check boxes at the top, Retail (CD Activation), Steam and Retail (Online Activation). Once you determine what version of bad company 2 you are running, select the appropriate check box and click the browse button and select the EXE file that matches the example located above your browse button.
After selecting the file, proceed to save your settings. Then close the launcher options box. You will now be presented by the main interface where you can change all the settings.
Once you have changed your settings accordingly, click the "Save Settings" button at the bottom center. Then click "Launch Bad Company 2" button and the game should launch.