T his week's release (V15.3 [BETA4]) was only supposed to feature a few minor bug-fixes, but it quickly turned into a major release. In the past week I've developed a way of sharing user-created content such as custom races and I've reworked / replaced over 60 of the game's challenges.
In this release you can now share custom challenges (races) with the rest of the community, with over 60 templates included in this release to get you started. Created races can be shared with the community on the forums and then other users can one-click install them via the mod manager. For more information on user-created content support, then read this recently published feature.
Don't forget to try out the new Free Roam Extreme challenges that are now available in over half the zones!
Revised Gamepad Controls
I took some time to improve the control scheme for gamepad (given that you can’t customise it in-game). Changes have been listed below: (Note: This control scheme is entirely optional)
- Enables 'A' also as handbrake
- Enables leaning backwards / forwards with the d-pad up / down
- Enables zooming in the map with right thumb-stick
- Enables placing / removing GPS markers with right thumb-stick button
- Enables picking up and replacing markers with the left thumb-stick button
- Enables navigating debug menu with d-pad Replaces d-pad map zone left/right select with open map panning (like left thumb-stick).
Commands / Scripts
Download V15.3 [BETA4]
There are many other new features, changes and improvements I’ve not covered in this news post, so check out the change-log for further details.