FUEL: REFUELED is an enhancement modification for the game FUEL, which brings multiple bug-fixes, improvements and the addition of various new content.

Forum Thread
FUEL: REFUELED V15.1 [BETA2] (Games : FUEL : Mods : FUEL: REFUELED : Forum : V15.0 / V15.1 Feedback : FUEL: REFUELED V15.1 [BETA2]) Post Reply
Thread Options
Vetron
Vetron FUEL: REFUELED Developer
Oct 1 2010 Anchor

With V15.0 released, I'd like to begin discussion on V15.1 which I hope to release next week sometime. Obviously I will be taking into account any feedback you give on this forum. This version will mostly be minor bug fixes though.

Changes / Features to-be included:

• New User Interface Element: - Game Version indicator in the game lobby. This will only identify whether the race is FUEL: REFUELED (i.e. a stock race) or a new one that is included in the yet-to-be released FUEL: EXTENDED.
  • Truck [OFF]: Lucha Libre, SUV [OFF]: Warrior and Hydro [ALL]: Trident are now available for purchase in the Offshore shack zone. The Trident costs 1 FUEL, but for those hardcore players - the maverick still exists in the Rainier Peek zone.
  • New Vista Points (Yes more... ;) ) - There are a couple of cool places I've yet to indicate.
  • Checkpoint Runs and Speed Runs have been fixed so that the AI doesn't win the race for you! :S
  • Many fixes relating to incorrect AI and incorrect text strings in certain races.
  • A handful of fixes / improvements to the UI - mostly to do with element placement (i.e. tidying up a few things)
  • Remove the (Offline) text displayed in various zones and events on the in-game hud - it now only indicates whether you are currently online, and it stands out more (the text is orange).
  • The text for the amount of fuel you have in the economy hud and the number of stars is now centralized (within the area they are currently placed).

I will keep this thread updated as more fixes / change are proposed.

Here is a screenshot of the slightly improved 'online indicator' and 'economy hud'.

• Online text is now bold and orange to stand out more, the game will also no longer say you are offline.
  • Text is now centralized and the '/' is now a '|' to match the rest of the menu style.

Oct 2 2010 Anchor

For testing and beta purposes, is there an easy way for us to know if a challenge/race has been added by you or is from the original game?

I've been finding lots of little things wrong with challenges as I play them(mostly related to difficulty, but sometimes also the challenge itself is just broken somehow). It would be very helpful to have a complete list of challenges the mod has tweaked/altered/overwritten. It's been a while since I played, and I don't have access to an original installation of fuel to compare for changes. So I'm never sure if a race I found problems with is in the original game, or is a modded track/challenge.:paranoid:

Edited by: darkgriffin1986

Vetron
Oct 2 2010 Anchor

The only tracks that are new would be the second and third challenges in each zone (These replace chopper chase and catch destruction). Most of the challenges in the game are 'broken', but not a result of the mod. I've been fixing some of them, but quite a few I will simply replace as time goes on.

The challenges do need a overhaul, most of my work has been focusing on the career races up to now. If a challenge is bugged as a result of my mod then it would only be something like the wrong ai vehicles and such, I've not changed any objectives or parameters relating to the difficulty.

At the moment I don't have any record of what's been changed and what hasn't in the challenges - Aside from two dozen or so that I've made, most you find will not be that great and will have problems (from stock game). I will be at some point making an entirely new missChallenge.tsc file, that is better structured and without any dud and broken races. It will take some time to create, so will be couple of releases down the line (in time for the V15 final release though).

Oct 2 2010 Anchor

Ok, thanks! That explains a lot of the weirdness I've been having with the challenges in the current version. ;)

Vetron
Oct 8 2010 Anchor

V15 Beta 2 will be put up for download some time today - it will be available pending how long it takes to get authentication from the admins. This is mainly a set of fixes based on feedback given on this forum - I believe I've fixed most things. Notable things I haven't are listed below for various given reasons.

Still able to win speed run and checkpoint run if AI comes first - instead working on revised challenges.
Map zone image locked overlay still wrong size - still looking for where this is declared.
Firemoor Fields / Dead Lady's Lake wrong text on video - working on this, still looking for where this is declared.

If I've missed something then please feel free to remind me, I will get it done for the next release.

There are 10 new vista points - go for the one in RedRock Bluffs if you like a challenge (Number 11 in that zone).

Update:
OK download is up... just awaiting authentication. FUEL: REFUELED V15.1

Let me know if there are any problems.

I've updated one of the challenges (008) with dynamic weather and other environment values. The race is the same, just it now handles free ride weather and time etc. I will be using a template similar to this when I overhaul the challenges.

Update:

Vetron wrote: Map zone image locked overlay still wrong size - still looking for where this is declared.

I've now fixed this - this will be included in V15.2.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.