(you can contact him on Nexus)
I have now retired from modding. Thank you to everybody who has supported and encouraged me.
The inspiration behind this mod is to bring a more post-apocalyptic, dark and gloomy feel to Fallout, and to make our wasteland experience even more immersive.
Project Reality MkIv5HDR is initially a weather, lighting, visual effects and immersion features mod which was built using real world data. Project Reality gives the game a more post-apocalyptic Fallout feel achieved through lighting and cloud visuals. Go to the video's section of this mod page to watch Gopher's excellent and informative review.
- 40 meticulously crafted weather systems each with dynamic variations throughout it's cycle
- Weather Cycles (Pleasant, Rainy, Cloudy, Windy & Nuclear Winter)
- Realistic sky visuals with full multi-layered dynamic clouds
- Rain & Snow visuals
- Thunderstorms with realistic fork lightning visuals
- Desert Storms (Enhanced with HECTROL's FX DUST STORM texture)
- Indoor, outdoor weather and immersion sound effects.
- Grass re-texture which specifically compliments NMC_Texture Pack.
- Optimized real-world lighting and color based on real-world data
- Realistic nights with a dusting of moonlight
- Vivid neon lights when using HDR
EFFECTS CAN BE TOGGLED ON/OFF
- Heat Haze effect (As seen on great games such as R* RED DEAD REDEMPTION).
- Subtle Dof effect on backdrops and skies.
- Motion Blur
- Peripheral Vision Distort during radstroms
- Pelinor's'Mod Configuration Menu' to toggle effects, features and set weather types.
- Radioactive Rain with various levels of severity. Warning come via NCR Sirens.
- 'The Dark Wasteland'. The Mojave Bell tolls at midnight to usher in the dark. There are 3 levels of night to choose.
- Optional: Main Title music replacer. Original score entitled 'The Mojave Drifter' available with mod.
Project Reality:Climates of Tamriel For Skyrim
FNV Project Reality MkII
F3NV Project Reality MkIv5HDR requires the FalloutNV master file to work..
Compatible with all visual mods. Previous visual mod settings may have to be adapted as F3NV re-designs the games base colours.
It is not compatible with other weather mods.
if you are using d3d9 perf fix, then REMOVE IT! It will cause lag with this mod.
Mod requires Archive Invalidation Invalidated.
Extract the F3NVProjectRealityMkIv5-1HDR.rar into your New Vegas DATA folder and enable the mod. Please, load the mod as last in your load order as possible.
NOTE: If you have previously downloaded an ealier version of F3NV Project Reality then your computer may ask you to replace older files during installation. If this
is the case then select 'Copy and replace'. Delete any old F3NV Project Reality .esps.
IMPORTANT:: REMOVE ANY OLD PROJECT REALITY PLUGINS FROM YOUR GAME DATA FOLDER IF YOU ARE NOT DOING A CLEAN INSTALL.
Delete the plugin. Also delete the F3NV folders in the texture/meshes and sound folders. Simple as that.
Can I recommend other mods to compliment Project Reality.
-Tapioks texture mod Newvegasnexus.com
-NeilMC texture mod Newvegasnexus.com
-Pelinors 'Mod Config Menu' Newvegasnexus.com
-Vurts Flora Wasteland Overhaul Newvegasnexus.com
-Hectrol Dust Storm textures Newvegasnexus.com
AND IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY, CHECK OUT COMMANDER_TAK, MGE AND GOPHERS MODS.
Nuclear Winterland - Is basically a nickname I use for combining Frozen World 1.3 with FNV Project Reality. You can safely combine our mods. It's not exactly lore friendly to have a frozen mojave..
but it looks breathtaking.
Bethesda and Obsidian for making the Fallout games and giving modders a chance to shine
My beautiful Lynn, for her time, patience, faith and support.
Sharpshooter8, MisterHamper & Karl313 for great support & encouragement
Hectrol, for granting me permission to use his fantastic dust storm texture
Commander_Tak for some great logo work and support
Thanks to Jeoshua for technical feedback.
And all F3NV Project Reality users who have commented/PM'd & given me fantastic encouragement and feedback.
I used GIMP 2.6, The GECK, FNVEdit and Sony Acid Pro 7 to make this mod.
Continue browsing the modlist, to find the profile you are after.