As the Battle on Installation 04 rages on between the Covenant and UNSC forces, an evil so terrible lies silently in slumber. In the pursuit of knowledge and power, the Covenant unleash a force that even they fear. As Containment Facilities across Alpha Halo are breached, one in particular is at the forefront of this. On a lone island in the middle of Installation 04's many seas, a facility unlike the others contains something that will make the Flood thousands of times more formidable to combat. A Gravemind lies dormant deep inside the recesses of this vault. The Battle for Installation 04 is about to reach its pinnacle.
Sep 16th, 2012 1 person agrees 0 people don't
I think this project is another great example of how a small group of dedicated people can come together to make something very special. As a fellow developer for HEK it is always refreshing to get to play great stuff like this made by other people :-)
- The new HUD is creative, and works very well. It fits in with the infected feeling of the flood biped.
- The included manual is very well written, and provides a detailed explanation for each design decision. Everyone should read this before playing.
- The encounters are creative and well executed. I know that Lone and Koo put their heart and soul into this project, and it really shows. There's several very memorable encounters in there, and if you manage to survive them they feel that much more special.
- As for the lack of HUD elements, I don't feel this is an issue. I would imagine a flood combat form to be able to be less better suited to judging distances, as they don't actually use eyes. The lack of HUD elements also enforces this.
- I do not feel the flood need to use grenades. They never did, and never should imo. There's several changes to the player biped that "compensate" for it being a flood combat form. You can jump higher, run faster, and melee harder. Harder, better, faster, stronger. It makes for some very memorable moments when you jump+melee a hunter to death.
- I'm very much looking forward to see what Lone and Koo plan for their custom BSPs, if they are as creative with those as they are with their new assets and encounters, I am confident that it will be fantastic.
I won't hide this under any chairs or tables. This project is my favorite project made by other people on this website (along with Firefight Descent). I simply love it, it's very polished and made with Scottish love.
A well deserved 9/10, losing only a point because this BSP isn't custom :-)
- Lodeman <3