The feeling that my fate is coming closer is starting to possess me. I couldn't even close my eyes for a minute in the last days. This foreboding, that a dark entity will prod me to devastation does not leave me undisturbed. Soon my emotions will fade away, there will be nothing left just this meaningless fight with my own insanity..
Finished it. Really enjoyable, some things are really nicely maded, like those soundtracks and tension, but still lacks something. End was kind of weird and little cheap, but overall really well thought level design, atmosphere terrifying, nice puzzles and scares as well.
Nicely done, man I liked it!
8/10 - Really Good!
Wow this was absolutely brilliant! Got stucked sometimes but then i watched a walktrough and continued. Had to reload often when enemies killed me but it was worth it.
I saw detailed maps, atmospheric levels, highlevel scripting, custom music & sfx, custom objects & enemies.
There was only one map which had a strange atmosphere. I was not scared when enemies spawned because of the music. Guess it was the dream-map.
So i've completed your Custom Story and took my time doing it all. So here is what i liked and what i think can be improved on.
- Great use of music and some original ideas used e.g (the doors that need levers to be open, the arena at the end where you have to survive for 3 minutes etc). Really enjoyed these sections as they provided a nice change from usual Custom Stories.
- Provided the correct amount of oil & tinderboxes, nice work!
- The story was very unusual, and playing as someone with insomnia i found it to be interesting, considering the player themselves weren't aware of what the characters past was.
- Use of monsters was done quite often, but to good effect. Nice job here, i got quite a few jumps and scares throughout.
- Level designs were good.
- The puzzles were a nice challenge and although i found myself stook a couple of times, this was mainly due to me not looking in the right places.
- A good length for a Custom Story
Things to work on:
- The ending didn't really make sense, although i suppose that's the bad ending, although even closure on this note would have been nice. I've seen the good ending but again not enough closure. Would have been nice to have seen your character wake up somewhere (like a hospital? his home?) and aware.
- Although the level structure was great, it didn't altogether feel 'complete' or 'right' but no points will be deducted, because again we were looking at a person's memory so it makes sense.
What to do next time:
- I loved most of the things you did, and the only thing you could add, which isn't necessary would be some good voice acting next time, but again this really isn't necessary.
Great job, especially compared to the last mod!
Kudos for this custom story.