This news was originally posted by Buggo, the community manager at Relic.
Relic and the DoWPro Team is proud to announce the 2nd Official Relic Mod Day, featuring the mod: DCPro. This event will take place on Friday, February 29th 2008 at Noon PST (8:00 PM GMT). Many Dark Crusade players enjoy the balance and features of DCPro. For those of you who have already tried the mod, the team would like to remind you that there are tons of new features in this release. This mod can be played and enjoyed by players of all skill levels. Join myself, Buggo, a couple Relic Developers, and the DoWPro team this Friday in the Eye of Terror lobby...
Prizes include: T-shirts, Relic shotglasses, and posters.
1. Download full version 3.0 (here )
2. Run the 3.0 installer package. It should auto-detect the location of your DC installation.
3. Carefully look at a couple features during the installation process. Carefully look at the Camera Mod, grid hotkeys (several types selectable at install!), with the option for an expanded soundtrack featuring additional voices, etc.
4. Download patch for version 3.2 (here )
5. Run the 3.2 installer package.
6. Start DC Pro. (Tip: Use the handy shortcut which will skip the intro movie and take you straight to the "Eye of Terror" lobby.)
If you are new to DCPro, the team recommends you read some articles which document the fundamentals of the gameplay changes to help you make the most of Mod Day.
If any of these pages don't load up fully the first time, just click refresh a few times.
If you are looking to get some practice vs. players online, you can find details of their xfire group here . You can also view a selection of replays here . Any replays from the Mod Day can be posted here
. There will be a prize up for grabs for the best/most entertaining replay of the day (team excluded). All prizes and contests will be announced in the Eye of Terror channel at exactly 12:00 PST on the Mod Day.
See you there!