PSX DOOM and DOOM 64 total conversions for GZDoom, overhauled. This mod builds on the existing total conversions of PlayStation DOOM and DOOM 64 for GZDoom, PSX DOOM TC and DOOM 64 Retribution, to take advantage of the latest GZDoom versions and add many features that make them more faithful but were impossible to implement at their time of release. To achieve this, a large amount of the code has been adapted from GEC Master Edition (also known as DZDoom), while looking at the reverse engineered code and existing source ports of these games for reference. In addition to that, the mod is highly modular and contains many *optional* "enhancements" that deviate from the original experience. Depending on your preference, you can choose to play as close to vanilla as possible, or experiment and play with upscaled textures, PBR materials, flashy particle effects and other features that are common in other GZDoom mods.

Forum Thread
Archvile attack only does 20 damage on PSX Doom 64 (Games : Doom II : Mods : DOOM CE : Forum : Bug Reports, Feedback, Questions : Archvile attack only does 20 damage on PSX Doom 64) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 8 2023 Anchor

Archvile attack only does 20 damage on PSX Doom 64.

Repro steps:

1. Load PSX Doom CE or PSX Final Doom CE with the PSX Doom 64 addon.

2. Load a map of your choice.

3. Encounter or summon an archvile through the console and let it attack you from full health.

4. Notice that the damage of the archvile's attack is only 20 instead of the full blast damage.

Notes:

- tested on GZDoom 4.10 on Windows 10 x64;

- the bug is not present without the PSX Doom 64 mod;

- the bug is also present in Doom 64 CE;

- videos attached for clarification;

Edited by: DreadWanderer

Feb 10 2023 Anchor

Thanks, I've fixed this in the current release.

Edited by: molecicco

Feb 11 2023 Anchor

Hi, thank you for replying. Sadly, I was able to replicate the bugs in the current versions of both Doom 64 CE and PSX Doom 64. New videos below.

Edited by: DreadWanderer

Feb 11 2023 Anchor

Could you try redownloading them? I pushed a tiny hotfix a few hours after the initial release.

EDIT: Ah, managed to reproduce it... it's when smooth monsters are enabled. I'll update the download shortly.

Feb 11 2023 Anchor

Hi, thanks again.

I did download the hotfix for PSX Doom 64.

I can confirm that the bug is fixed in PSX Doom 64 with smooth monsters off, and is present with smooth monsters on.

In Doom 64 CE, the bug is also present when smooth monsters are off.

Feb 11 2023 Anchor

Updated the download, should be fixed now.

Feb 11 2023 Anchor

Tested on the newest versions and can confirm that the bug has been fixed on both PSX Doom 64 and Doom 64 CE, with smooth monsters on or off. Thank you.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.