- 1) Go to the game directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Doom 3) and find:
- 2) Make a new copy of this file with the following name: Doom_3.exe
- 3) Right-click on Doom_3.exe and select "Create shortcut"
- 4) Move that shortcut to the desktop, then Right-click on it and select "properties".
- 5) Click on the "Shortcut" tab and put the following line at the end of the "target" field:
+set fs_game redux
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doom 3\Doom_3.exe" +set fs_game redux
Using this custom shortcut, you will be able to play Doom 3: Redux on an AMD GPU without any issues. The only downside is that you won't be able to use the Steam overlay as the game is now being loaded outside of Steam.
Here's what your custom shortcut should look like