The last few months have been busy, but Darkness 1.6 is finally ready! Have a look at some of the improvements to Spacewreck:
New features include:
- Faster load time: Darkness now uses VPKs for materials, models and particles
- Improvements to the Spacewreck map: more vents, rooms and details
- Hatchy grapple has been fixed
- Engineers Destroy Gun improved: hold primary fire to charge, release on structures/spiders/teammates. Overcharge can be used to jump to elevated areas.
- Breeder Hatch/Eat changed: hold primary fire to eat structures or small humans, wait for digestion to finish before eating more. Spawning new structures incurs movement penalty.
- Damage system/balance improved: Now the code has fine-grained control over weapon/structure/player damages.
- Improved Item Status HUD for Engineers and Breeders
- Latest upstream improvements from Valve have been pulled in
- Source Code is now on Github
- New and improved web site
I've added a Steam Group for players to coordinate games, and we're also unofficially using #darkness on irc.freenode.net for coordinating on IRC. So if you want to kill some bugs, or maybe devour some unsuspecting humans, here are the new installers: