After 100+ revisions for patch 1.008 I think everyone will be happy to see our long list of balance changes AND new accessories for several popular models.
Hello CoH: Modern Combat fans!
We hope you have been enjoying the restructure of the US and PLA tech and have been able to experiment with new strategies. We apologize for taking so long to post through this new patch, it just seems that every time we fixed something, we decided to go further and fix more. After 100+ revisions for patch 1.008 I think everyone will be happy to see our long list of balance changes AND new accessories for several popular models. We hope that anyone who has been suffering with disappearing models will not have this issue anymore. Additionally we apologize for any issues with the US infantry models and Ultra (DX10 shader settings). This should be for the most part fixed, however I still suggest to play with High, as it reduces the chance for crashes due to Relic's engine, not our mod.
The Modern Combat launcher should automatically notify you about the patch and download it for you the next time you start it. If you run into problems with the automatic update, you may download and apply it manually, using this link.
For fans who would like to coordinate several games, I suggest you post on our forums and then utilize the mumble server we have put together in order to have much better collaboration in team games. And of course if you have any close/good games we recommend you post them on our forums! That way people can comment and suggest improvements, or you can get your replay shoutcasted and posted on YouTube.
Some changes that I would like to highlight is the introduction of the Chinese Special Forces for the Asymmetric Warfare doctrine. This ability replaces the current Infiltration ability, which was at the bottom of the right side of the doctrine tree. This squad will benefit from the guerrilla camouflage from the doctrine, and also will be able to use satchel charges from the left side of the tree. There are two upgrades that are available for the special forces, and both compliment the hit and run tactics from the doctrine. One upgrade is for the PF98 rocket launcher, and the other is for the Type 85 SMG, which allows the team to use full camo, rather than guerrilla camouflage.
Additionally we have added new skin packs to the US and PLA, which allows you to have more diversity in team games. These reward skin packs do not affect gameplay in any way. There is also the introduction of random texture loading for the ZTZ99 and the Type 96 tanks, along with a new TUSK skin for the M1A2.
As always we consider and look into any feedback and suggestions that members post on our forums. We would greatly appreciate that you point any balance issues with supporting replays to help us see the circumstances of the problem at hand so that we may adjust the mod accordingly.
Stay tuned and keep your eyes open for updates at moderncombat.blacksandstudio.com there will be some big announcements soon!
~The CoH: Modern Combat team.
Oh and before I forget, a little treat for our followers, can you make out what unit that is?
- Removed conditional upgrade for Engineers that may have caused crashes for some people in 1.007.
- US repair engineers (from tank depot) no longer have a massive minimap symbol.
- Updated the AI files so that they wouldn't look for the outdated ZSD89 and FSV upgrades. Also added the new MGS and ZBD05 upgrades so that AI should properly demand them, and purchase them.
- Re-saved, exported and compiled all MC custom maps removing any world builder loading data. Thus MC maps will load faster.
- Paladin, abram, Airborn drop of Stryker ATGM, tusk, and spec call in: they all now require a working HQ and removed the ability duration.
- Removed the ability duration from the PLA reinforcements
- PLA doctrine call ins now all require a working HQ.
- NEW US reward skin pack (Tan skin pack) is now available for ALL US vehicles, this is strictly for more variety in team games and is not supposed to have any factual value.
- NEW PLA Marine (PLAN) reward skin pack is now available for ALL PLA vehicles, like with the US pack, this is for variety in team games.
- PF98 tripod can now be repaired by US and PLA engineers
- Removed "builder" tags from all US and PLA infantry (excluding Engineers). Should fix problems with Engineer reinforcement abilities.
- Fixed Stryker/ZSD89 ghost gunners.
- Linked the Stryker ATGM to the proper critical
- Inverted the Universal sanction and Hack attack abilities so now they benefit you and your allies in the same way they would have damaged your enemies. Makes the abilities more usable and useful. Doubled the recharge time to 360 seconds to avoid abuse.
- US and PLA mortar damage modifier verus heroic armor change to 1 from .7
- m240 tripod entity given the same collision type as the PLA type 67 tripod
- New 4p_Mekong_River_Valley_V3 map added for public testing, note this map is still WIP
- Adjusted the humvee to take longer to get vet: 6, 12, 24 xp requirements instead of 4, 8, 16 which was very very fast.
- abram and tusk damage modifier against AT guns decreased to .5 from 1
- bradley accuracy decreased to .5/.6/.7/.8 damage decreased to 35 from 48.2
- bradley scatter increased to match ostwind
- bradley damage modifier against AT gun decreased to .5
- Removed damaged treads critical from M82, now it always destroys the engine.
- Reduced A10 damage vs. AT gun (will not actually destroy the AT gun equipment).
- A-10 minigun now affected by heavy(.5/.5) and light cover (.75/.75).
- US grenade versus heroic changed to 1.0 dmg from 1.25dmg
- US tank guns modifier versus heroic changed to match infantry modifier
- m249 and m4 carbine variants modifier against heroic changed to .85 acc / 75 dmg
- a-10 minigun accuracy modifier against heroic changed to .425 (.85% of infantry's .5)
- Vehicle m240b modifier against heroic changed to .85A/.75D
- M1A2 TUSK variants have new custom textures to better differentiate between the normal version
People's liberation army, Ground Force:
- ATMP adjusted to match the humvee's veternancy requirements.
- Militia capping modifier reduced to 0.8, it is increased back to 1.0 when the squad gains its first vet.
- RPG penetration against t59/t96/t99 changed to .85/.5/.1 -- this is mainly for when the US pick it up.
- pf98 default crew hp changed to 70 hp with infantry armor
- pf98 tripod accuracy is now .7/.8/.9/1
- pf98 teardown time decreased to 2 seconds
- The Infiltration ability now calls in 1 PLA SOF team (4 men) that are by default equipped with elite QBZ-95 rifles and can be upgraded to Type 85 SMGs (similar stats-wise to MP5 and allows full camo) or can be upgraded to use a PF98 (without tripod) rocket launcher.
- PLA SOF can build anti-personnel mine, have the Satchel Charge ability (enabled by Demolitions upgrade for convenience), and the default (regualar's) grenade ability.
- PLA SOF have camo in cover, first strike bonus: +25% accuracy +25% penetration +25% damage for 3 seconds
- Increased PHL03 AoE damage ratios (1/0.4/0.1/0.1 -> 1/0.75/0.55/0.35).
- increased PLA AT gun crew hp to match vcoh US and wehr atg gun crew (70hp)
Model, Sound and Texture changes:
- Type 99 now alternates between three different textures randomly. The current green digital, a green woodland, and a greyscale elite version.
- Type 96 randomly alternates between 2 versions of its woodland camo texture.
- Updated the PLA HQ occlusion file.
- Updated the Humvee's shader so that now hopefully people will not have problems with it not being visible.
- Log bunker now added to worldbuilder in 5 pieces, so it can be used to create new defences for maps.
- PLA SOF have new accessories, texture and gear.
- Fixed the Type89 TD not having its turret be dynamic when going into wreck mode.
- Fixed the Stryker ATGM not having a damaged maingun.
- New Abrams, bradley, type 59D, type 96, type 99, ZBD05, ZSD89, PGZ95, PHZ89 and ZZC02 treads.
- Gave the Stryker a new updated nrm, and fixed the alpha cut outs of its gear on the sides.
- Gave the Stryker all new stowage, that will randomly load (33% to load nothing, 33% to load variant A, 33% to load variant B) and there are some new physics for the wrecks if the stowage was loaded.
- Protector and CROWS now have a new weapon sound.
- spc and gls without camo outlines for Bradley and Type99 will stop strange camo outlines showing through on Custom skins and Tan skin vehicles.
- ZBD05, Type 96, Type 59D, Type 82 and all the ZSD89 varients have new spcs and gls all without camo patterns to allow for easier reskinning\recolouring of later custom textures.
- Complete cleanup of the ZSD folder
- Fixed Type 82 launch tubes diffuse & the normal map so now the tubes are rounded and the corner tubes no longer have a black line on the diffuse where it should be one tube.
- English UI text updated
- Chinese translation updated
- Polish translation updated
- Czech translation updated
- Spanish translation updated