This is a full conversion Tolkien mod for Crusader Kings 2 which will feature bookmarks throughout the Third Age. This mod is being developed independently from any other LotR or Middle Earth mods out there. The map will cover the main areas of Middle Earth, known in the books and films. So, Middle-Earth is waiting for you! Will you play as the descendant of one of the noble families of Rohan or Gondor? Will you try to reforge the ancient kingdoms of Elves in Eriador? Or will you try to destroy all the Free Peoples, and claim Middle Earth for Morgoth? This mod will give you a unique strategy experience of the Third Age in Middle-Earth. From Forodwaith to Bellakar, from Lindon to Rhûn, lead your dynasty and survive the Dark Times. Become one of the most important Lords of the Age!
3rd full release of MEP for CK2. Delete old versions before installing this. This version is compatible with the patch 2.0.4.
To install it correctly, please unzip all the files in "Documents/Paradox Interactive/Crusader Kings II/mod", and then just Run your Crusader Kings II game.
Remove the old versions before installing this.
-------0.1.4b Patch Changelog----------
- Fixed the parents of Celeborn and his siblings
- Mouth of Sauron is now the heir of Sauron and not Saruman
- Fixed mistakes in health file, changes months to days for relevant events, the incapable/infirm traits for humans and dwarves should now trigger at the correct ages
- Fixed Dunlending claim event on Rohan
- Fixed missing bracket in human infertility event, it should trigger properly now for human women- fixed issue with aragorns dynasty not being able to call on rohan; they now can, just like the house of stewards
- Fixed event so that the Last Alliance still attacks Sauron once he has the ring, even if Gondor was restored
- Fixed a bug with the events of the chain "Visit the Tomb of Thorin Oakenshield", so now, the events fires correctly
-Updated icon_piety to include shadow
-Updated minimap_area, now coloured with terrain features
-Implemented new UI from Witcher Mod made by Talias
- Added three new "republics" : The Guild of Venturers of Pelargir, The Sindar Mariners of Lindon, and the Black Fleet of Umbar
- Changed some vanilla events for republics
LANDED TITLES :
- Cleaned the landed_titles.txt file.
- Removed two provinces in the landed titles, but not present on the map
- Fixed the localisation for titles of the istari culture, replaced a false "Royaume de" on "Kingdom of" for english language.
- Fixed wrong cultural localisations for castles
- Added new french translations for some event chains (still WIP)
- Added new french translations for some baronies
- Added new names for baronies of Minas Tirith
- Added religion_desc localisations
- Assigned Pass of Shelob to Shelob
- Added the Broadbeams and the Firebeards dwarves in Ered Luin.
- Added the lines of the Kings of Nurunkhizdin and Zirakdum.
- Now, Galadriel get the Elven Infertility trait at beginning of the War of the Ring.
- Maglor is nomore in Lorien, but in the Avari province at north of Sea of Rhun.
- Changed the succession law in Lorien.
WILDERNESS COLONIZATION :
- The colonization of the wilderness provinces won't be as easy as before. Now, you'll have some new events, like an attack of wolves, a mysterious disease who'll compromise the chance to colonize correctly.
- In the same way, some new bonuses possible : you'll be able to gain new characters in your court, or to gain a new nickname.
- Colonizations will be able only once in two years.
- Vassals will be able to colonize now.
CLAIMS : - Dwarves will now have a claim on Moria if Sauron is defeated, and a claim on Gundbad if the Moria is reconquered.- Every 5 years or so after 11375, Sauron gets a claim on a random bordering duchy from the "good side" cultures, to encourage mordorian expansion- added a few events for non halfling/non-maiar ringbearers, still WIP- added a few events for galadriel when she has ring, still WIP- High King of hte Noldor event for Elrond if he has K_Eregion and other conditions, and also choice to re-build Eregion for his sons if Sauron is defeated- Changed "invasion" casus belli for hostile religions/cultures so it only works on duchies not kingdomsFLAVOUR :- Added new objects : Nimphelos, the great Pearl offered by Thingol to the Dwarves of Belegost, the Mirror of Galadriel, and the Necklace of Girion.- Added new special buildings : The Dome of Stars in Osgiliath east, The Tower of Ecthelion in Minas Tirith, Meduseld in Edoras, and the Hall of the Kings in Annuminas.- Added two new titular kingdoms for historical flavour : Nogrod and Belegost.- Added new nickname for Durin I : the Deathless- Added new random dynasties names for Dunedain culture.GAMEPLAY :- General changes to racial traits, no longer inherit_chance = 100, they are given via events to those who should have them already. It should no longer be possible to get health of 100+ from marrying those with creature of melkor traits.- Also made event that if an evil AI ruler marries an orc, he kills her once he sees her. Evil human-played rulers, however, have the option to say they rather like her and keep her.- This should further make half-orcs very rare. Evil rulers also spawn some evil female courtiers of cult of melkor, so that they don't have to go lookign for orc brides.- The only half-orcs (if you want to get that trait for your heirs) are now spawned in Saruman's court shortly after start-up- Tweaked (drastically lowered in most cases) health bonuses for racial traits- Tweaked (drastically lowered) opinion bonuses from most items - Increase ai_ambition for those corrupted by darkness, hopefully leading to more wars from Mordor- Uruk Hai now also get the creature of melkor trait- Sauron now really DOES lose the ringbearer trait when he get the ring. Alllmost sure it's fixed properly now!*Tweaked health_events again- Humans get the vanilla infirm-to-incapable health events- Those with high blood of numenor get it later in life, and those with lower blood of numenor a bit earlier, but still after 100. Let us know how long people live on average in your games, those with health added health bonuses such as blood of isildur or elven blood on top of their numenor trait should be able to live to 200ish (if they're lucky)- Dwarves also begin to get infirm at around 300ish years of age, but can live to 400ish if they're healthy- Half-Elves, if anyone ever gets one, live to be 150-250ish (Yes, I know Elros lived 450ish, but this is the later 3rd age, and you're just the descendant of a silvan elf, not a royal linewith maiar blood)- Sauron can build a 75-man Olog Hai elite retinue, they're x5 for combat purposes. Hopefully AI will use them against Dunedain doomstacks in late-game.- Gave Barad-Dur special building more income; half the reason Sauron is inactive, I suspect, is because he is constantly broke and broke rulers can't declare war- Gave Sauron an event to max out city and feudal taxes if they are not already; a human player can say no, of course, and won't get it again if so- In defines.lua, changed BASE_AI_ARMY_SIZE = 40000, (it was 10,000 before). This should mean orcs should horde better together, and hopefully give an edge against the lower troop numbers of the good side- Also reduced LEVY_MAINTENANCE_FACTOR = 1.5 to LEVY_MAINTENANCE_FACTOR = 0.75, it was only hurting Sauron who kept getting -40 income per day when he raised his hordes and spent most of the game in bankruptcy and inactive- Nerfed halfling income buildings*War scores- Sometimes the war for gondor was lost as Sauron took some provinces, but the gondorian army was not defeated in the field. Changed to this in defines.lua SETTLEMENT_WARSCORE_MULTIPLIER = 0.1, VASSAL_SETTLEMENT_WARSCORE_MULTIPLIER = 0.1,So occupied provinces now count for only 1/3rd as they did previously. Wars now depend more on the battles won and armies defeated, not occupied land (though occupied capitals still give same warscore as before)Increased warscore for battles by 33% to make up for this- religious conversion of vassals now requries 10,000 piety (to prevent AI spamming it, because the event is disabled)- Slightly increased health bonus from blood of numenors, even the ones with the strong trait could die at 80 (they should die at 120ish now, hopefully, or earlier if they get sick of course)- Sometimes elves die of "natural reasons", health file issue? In any case, gave them 50 health bonus now, they shouldn't die- New event to encourage Arnor and Gondor to be split into two realms if the king has an available heir to take either one; there will be opinion penalties from vassals if you do not do this due to the difficulty of administering two such large and distant realms at once. It triggers from 11400 onwards.- Anyone with learning less than 20 who is not a hobbit or maiar will now begin to be corrupted by the ring over a period of timeMAP:-Changed terrain of certain provinces to Forest (Mirkwood etc)