Some screenshots:Here is the complete changelist:
version 0.50 (January 2009)
- Fixed Colt Commando muzzle flash (used the standard M16 'birdcage' effect, now a more appropriate one).
- Increased rifle grenade and grenade launcher velocity.
- Added an 'easter-egg'.
- Added new sounds for some silenced weapons.
- Balanced some kits adding grenades (Anti-Tank, Anti-Air and Flamethrower kits).
- Increased the damage of all bolt action rifles. It blows the realism, I know, but now these rifles will be useful.
- Added new texture for the french M35 truck, by SomuaS35vsPanzerII (tuturbocquier AT hotmail.fr).
- Added A-7 Corsair II with 18x Mk.82 bombs.
- Fixed the jet engine exhaust effect not showing on a plane at full health.
- Added the japanese Type 97 Chi-Ha tank for the Viet Minh. Model and code from BFV_WW2Mod mod, new texture by Odanan.
- Tweaked handling of MiG-17 and A-7 Corsair - MiG-17 has a slower roll rate but better turn, Corsair no longer flies like a UFO.
- Added the M8 Greyhound combat car for the french in the First Indochina War. Model, texture and code by Dice (from SWoWW2 expansion).
- AI-controlled tanks engage infantry with the machine gun rather than cannon.
- AI will now be more aggressive with automatic weapons, and will use binoculars to request artillery on tanks.
- Improved AI behaviour drastically - no more falling through bridges or [killed] messages all the time.
- Stopped the American AI trying to destroy their own tent mobile spawnpoint.
- AI attacks mobile spawns once more.
- Fixed AI bug that caused CTD in Drop Zone Natasha (by removing the "only grenades" kit).
- Changed the order of the maps in the maplist - BFVA ones are now on top, standard BFV ones below that. Any custom maps that are not part of BFVA/BFV will be below everything else.
- Added terrain shadows and adjusted spawnpoints on BFV Air.
- Added co-op support for the BFV_Dust, by RussianComrade.
- Updated ambient sounds on Defending the Port (rain and thunder).
- Updated lexiconAll.dat with new map names and added some control point names.
- New map added: Operation Eagle Pull, by RedSand. MACVSOG needs to hold their base from a massive Khmer Rouge assault until their evacuation choppers are ready.
- New map added: Assault on Phou Sang, by SecretCommando. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Phou Sang Evening, by SecretCommando. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Hunter and Hunted, by RussianComrade. Counter Strike style map. US Army must defend a disabled Patton tank from the attacking Vietcong.
- New map added: Park: The Storm, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Breakout, by SecretCommando, RussianComrade and Toucinator.
- New map added: Hue Alleyways, by RussianComrade and Toucinator.
- New map added: Hue North, by RussianComrade and Toucinator.
- New map added: The Bridge, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Defending the Port II, by Toucinator. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: French Route, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: BFVA Islands, by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Tarawa Atoll, by Toucinator. WW2 map. Co-op support by RussianComrade.
- New map added: Guadalcanal, by AB=EDO. WW2 map.
- Added hud art and new texture/body for the Khmer Rouge, by Odanan/Dice.
- Fixed the VC head showing a hat with different color at long distance.