Art Of War mod is partial-conversion modification adding lots of new features to old Zero Hour's gameplay, they are discussed in summary.
Since I have no access to any modelling tools, I decided to put certain promotional information concerning Prince Kassad. He will be available as playable general in coming GLA Beta Release (planned on end of summer). Good news: about 50% of work on unit-list is done Bad news: I don't have money for new video-card at present -_-
Posted by eagle-dan on May 4th, 2012
After certain inner struggles between GLA branches and his defeat by other GLA branch and other forces in Generals Challenge, Prince Kassad lost much of his authority and had to fight his former brothers who turned into separatist. However, with his tactical talent and new supply of weaponry, he came up with better stealth-combat style.
First, to avoid direct combat, Prince Kassad equipped his forces with longer-range high-precision weaponry, such as heavy sniper rifles, long-barreled guns and ATM-launchers.
Second, now he needed even higher mobility to be empower his hit-and-run tactics. For this purpose he decided to fully employ capabilities of tunnel network and use lighter vehicles as bases for his units.
Third ultimate solution was decision that it is really some times better to avoid combat than to win, but suffer heavy damage from it. From now Prince Kassad is the only known commander who can easily and cheaply move entire base to a new place if required.
- Most base facilities were made more compact, and return about 70% of cost when sold. Visually the became more underground.
- Certain basic buildings are now supplement with entrances to tunnel networks, they are Barracks and Arms Dealer.
- After building these facilities, Tunnel Networks become available to produce infantry and basic vehicles (heavy artillery and 5th rank units are still to be produced at Arms Dealer).
- Underground Head Quarter (formerly Command Center), produces workers, can produce Radar Vans, Mobile Barracks and Command Trucks.
- Field Depot (Supply Stash renamed ), provides funds from supply collection, produce workers
- Rebels' Hideout (Barracks renamed), produce infantry and bikers, provides entrance to Tunnel Network, allow production of infantry and bikers from Tunnel Networks.
- Underground Workshop (Arms Dealer renamed), produce vehicles, provides entrance to Tunnel Network, allows vehicles production from Tunnel Networks
- Mechanic's Garage (Black Market re-concept), provides vital upgrades
- Air-pad, produces junk aircraft.
- Palace (unchanged), allows advanced units, provides "high-tech" upgrades, can contain infantry garrison
- Covert-ops Center (specific building), provides unique upgrades for Prince Kassad, allows production of Combo-Units if captured.
- SCUD-Silos Complex (superweapon), launches volleys of SCUD missiles, does not clear shroud on radar, camouflaged while not launching missiles.
- Tunnel Network, armed with machinegun provides entrance to Tunnel Network
- Sniper hole, basic Anti-infantry and Anti-air defense
- ATM hole, Anti-vehicle and anti-tank defense
- Small Demotrap, explosive trap. Deployable by Technicals and BTRD amphibians.
- Demotrap, explosive trap. Buildable by worker, deployable by BTRD amphibians.
- Silo hole (available at Rank 3), launches Barkhan or Krug missiles.
- Rebel, armed with short AKS-74 and Molotov Cocktails. Gains AK-74M on 3rd veterancy level.
- RPG Trooper, armed with RPG launcher, do not attack air targets. Gains tandem warheads on 3rd veterancy level.
- Stinger Soldier, armed with Stinger launcher, can attack both air and ground targets, better against aircraft. Gains frag splash on 3rd veterancy level.
- Terrorist, explosive stealthed kamikaze unit.
- Combat Bike, armed with twin machinegun
- ATM Bike, armed with ATM launcher
- Stinger Bike, armed with Stinger launchers
- Biker Terrorist, explosive kamikaze biker.
- Radar Van, provides radar, unarmed, can be camouflaged
- Command Truck, provides backup of General's Powers, inspire nearest units to fight harder.
- Mobile Barracks, provide basic infantry, can be camouflaged.
- BTRD Amphibious transport, amphibious transport + engineering vehicle, armed with machinegunner. Can transport 6 units of infantry or demotraps. Equips with explosive AT missile on 3rd veterancy level.
- Technical, light reconnaissance vehicle, can transport 3 units of infantry or demotraps, armed with machinegunner. Equips with explosive AT missile on 3rd veterancy level.
- Cascavel (some sort of "tank" functionality), light fast combat vehicle, armed with long barreled gun. Equips with explosive AT missile on 3rd veterancy level.
- Toxin Buggy, Buggy armed with toxic grenade launcher. Gains toxin missile on 3rd veterancy level, 20% chance to kill vehicle crew.
- Quad Technical, heavier variant technical of Technical armed with twin AA machinegun. Can attack ground forces with cab-mounted machinegun. Gains Stinger launchers on 3rd veterancy level.
- ATM Buggy, Buggy armed with ATM launcher. Gains critical hit (disables target vehicle) chance of 20-25% on 3rd veterancy level.
- Nona, self propelled Howitzer, gains frag splash on 3rd veterancy level.
- Saboteur, can disable buildings and hijack vehicles
- Sniper, reconnaissance + anti-infantry functions
- Jarmen Kell (hero infantry unit), legendary sniper assassin.
- Battle Bus, assault infantry transport, armed with machinegunner. Equips with explosive AT missile on 3rd veterancy level.
- Bombtruck, stealthed explosive kamikaze truck.
- ASU-85, self propelled anti-tank long-barreled gun. Gains critical hit (disables target vehicle) chance of 20-25% on 3rd veterancy level.
- Krug SAM Launcher, heavy missile-based long-range anti-air defense, can be camouflaged. Gains greater splash damage on 3rd veterancy level.
- Barkhan launcher, mobile SRBM launcher, can arm explosive and toxic warheads. On 3rd veterancy level: Explosive warheads become cluster and Toxic warheads create deadly clouds instead of usual toxic fields.
- Junk copter, light and VERY fast reconnaissance-strike copter. Gains ATM launchers on 3rd veterancy level.
- Terror Glider, air-to-ground kamikaze unit.
- Scraper tank, heavy "wheeled" tank armed with long-barreled gun and ATM launcher.
- Elbrus launcher, heavy missile-based long-range artillery, can arm explosive and toxic warheads. On 3rd veterancy level: Explosive warheads become cluster and Toxic warheads create deadly clouds instead of usual toxic fields.
- Sand Wraith (uber-unit), ultimate stealthed machine of distant combat. Armed with wire-guided ATM launcher, heavy sniper rifle and SAM launcher.
- Building Capture, granted for free.
- Infantry Camouflage. Discussed before.
- Scorpion Missile, presented as 3rd veterancy level bonus.
- Anthrax Beta, now exclusive, only for Dr. Thrax.
- Radar Van Scan, given as bonus to Prince Kassad.
- AP-bullets, available at Mechanic's Garage. 25% damage boost for all bullet-based weapons. Affects: all bullet-armed units.
- AP-rockets, available at Mechanic's Garage. 25% damage boost for all small rockets and missiles. Affects: all rockets and missiles except Barkhan, Krug and Elbrus.
- Junk Repair, available at Mechanic's Garage. Self repair for all vehicles. Affects: ground vehicles, Junk Helicopter.
- Worker's Shoes, available at Mechanic's Garage. Speed boost for all workers + small money bonus per each box. Affects: all workers.
- Fortified Structure, available at Mechanic's Garage. 25% resistance bonus to all damage types for buildings. Affects: all buildings.
- Toxin Shells, available at Palace. Equips cannon shells with toxins. Affects: Nona, Stinger Soldiers, RPG Troopers, Stinger Bikers.
- Bio-bomb, available at Palace. Arms kamikaze units with toxic charges. Affects: all kamikaze units.
- Biker Camouflage, available at Palace. Makes all Bikers stealthed while not attacking or using ability.
- Primitive Chemical Defense, available at Palace. Equips infantry with antidotes and gas masks, increases resistance to toxins and especially radiation. Affects: all infantry.
- Radar emplacement, available at Palace. Allows wider radar scanning, 2min reload. Affects: Command Center, Mechanic's Garage, Palace, Air-pad and Covert-ops Center.
- 18x Ballistic Collimator Sights, available at Covert-ops Center. Individual bonus for all long-barreled guns and heavy snipers. Affects: Sniper hole, Cascavel, ASU-85, Scraper and Sand Wraith. Effects are individual, not decided yet.
- Nerve-Gas Weaponry, available at Covert-ops Center. Equips toxin-armed units with nerve-gas weaponry. Affects: Toxin Buggy, Nona, Barkhan and Elbrus.
- Extended Underground Facilities, available at Covert-ops Center. Allows purchase of Defense holes (Sniper hole, ATM hole and Silo Hole) deployment. Used as old sneak attack ability. Affects: Command Center.
- May be some upgrades will be reconsidered.
- May be some more junk aircraft will be added, but no explicit airfield and planes.