You are playing as Alma. A young girl living in a castle somewhere in England. Alma's father don't like Alma and do what ever it takes to punish her if things don't turn out the way he want. Everything went even more downhill when Alma's mother left their family. You wake up in a prison cell and have a feeling you have been there before. Its like the time have been turned backwards and you have to live through a horrible part of your life again. Alma is a psychiatric story about feelings and seeing the world through the eyes of a young girl with special needs. This CS focus a lot on the story itself, so please don't rush, explore and read notes carefully. Justine patch required Credits: Chad Pain - voice acting (steamcommunity.com/id/ChadPain)
Really enjoyed this custom story ... very well done if this is indeed your first attempt!! The whole thing ran smoothly which i think is very important in a good CS. There were a one or two jumpscares which were nice and it wasn't overloaded with monsters like some CSs
Well done :)
- Good level design, huge maps
- Fine and unpredictable story
- was scary moments sometimes¨
- mostly unpredictable monster spawns
- few maps was abit repetetive
- no jumpscares? what about that naked flying guy? :P (he really got me though)
- some words in letter and voice acting i dont think they used in the 1800s or whenever this story was set in, words like "Awesome" and the manner of speaking sounds abit modern but thats not a biggie for me just saying :).
No quests or challenges
Conlusion: Nice story Markus especially since this was your first one well done! Of course it has flaws and that but the story was well driven and you were excited to see what the next note says becuase you begin to feel sympathetic for the main protagonist. (Which i guess was the point). You said it was supposed to be non-horrorish so i didnt put a negative mark on the lack of scary atmosphere. It did scare sometimes and thats cool. The story was original to and decently written so kudos to that aswell. I would rate this your second best story behind Dark Case.
8.5/10 Well Done again