Age of Chivalry is a total conversion for Half-Life 2 currently being developed by Team Chivalry. We are a close group of friends who are dedicated to creating a fun story driven multiplayer experience set in a fantasy world in the medieval ages. We are creating a fast paced and fun first person melee combat system that will take the player to a new level of immersion. The players will be able to take part in sieges, town raids and open war in a story driven game. Our goal is to let the players write the history of the game as the teams battle it out over a sequence of user controlled map cycles depending on the victor. We want to take the overall experience to a new level of fun. All of our members have a solid modding background and we hope that you support our modification as it grows and develops!
CR1, 1.3, Heroes and Legends Expansion, whatever you want to call it, its a massive update to Age of Chivalry and its here now!
Posted by AgeofChivalry on Feb 25th, 2009
It is a dark and cold night, for a moment lightning flashes in the sky and thunder rumbles in the distance but you are not afraid. Nature’s roar is outdone only by the sounds of battle all around you, swords clashing and death screams reverberate through your ear drums as the very ground beneath you shakes under the force of the enemy's siege weapons, but you are not afraid. Your foe is assaulting with a relentless tide of soldiers and many of your men have fallen. Blood soaks your armour and flesh, some of it is your brothers, some your enemies and some of it is your own, but you are not afraid. You are not afraid, because you are a warrior, because you are brave and because you will hold the line, even where others fall. You are a hero, one of whom many stories shall be told. You have never forgotten what your father told you, that men are born from women, but they are made in battle. You will hold the line, you will conquer your fear and you will raise your sword in glory and victory at the end of this battle. For you are a hero, and from man are heroes born. Now go, mighty and brave solider and let loose your wrath upon your enemies in the name of our lord and king!
Age of Chivalry, Heroes & Legends is a massive update to the widely popular Half-Life 2 Medieval mod, first released on steam in October 2008. The game is a first person medieval combat experience that revolutionizes the genre of FPS games by thrusting the player into the middle of medieval battlefields complete with swords, armour, bows, catapults, siege towers, massive castles, sprawling outdoor landscapes and up to 32 player online battles. Feel the excitement as your enemy thrusts his sword at you forcing you to turn it away at the last moment with a parry, before landing a swift counter attack to the base of his skull, neatly separating it from his shoulders in spurt of blood and a death gurgle that will shock and thrill you to the bone.
In this update the gameplay gets faster, more intense and much more skill oriented with players exchanging blows and parries at a fast pace forcing players to make exciting split second decisions. The new hit detection system is rock solid and gone are the frustrating days of missed swings not registering. Now you can track your stats and achievements with the support of steamworks, making each and every kill even more glorious. The game’s gore has been taken to a new level, adding to the decapitations the game now also features blunt force head explosions, new directional blood splatter (inspired by the movie 300), improved decapitation effects, projectiles that stick into your foes and the repulsively beautiful catapult explosions that turn your enemies into little more than bits and pieces in an explosion of blood that is sure to satisfy even the most barbaric of our fans. This is the release that takes the game to the level of potential it always had and the new gui and interface welcomes you to a game that has been much changed.
A brief list of changes:
- Brand new advanced hit detection system that is accurate and reliable
- Support for Achievements and Stats via Steamworks
- All new GUI, HUD and Interface
- New QuickTip entity ensures you always know where to go and what to do for objectives
- Five new maps:
- New siege weapon, the Ballista
- Blunt-force head explosions
- An epic sound overhaul that allows for thousands of impact varieties that truly allows you to feel the weight of your weapon
- Split the three former classes of Archer, Footman and Knight into 9 new distinct and different classes: Longbowman, Crossbowman, Javelineer, Man-at-arms, Sergeant, Guardsman, Crusader, Knight and Heavy Knight.
- Directional blood splatter and improved gore effects
- Catapults now shred players they kill into bits
- Parry and blocking speeds made faster on all weapons
- New 3rd Person Longbow Animations
- New loading screen tips that help you improve your skills
- New Level guide section to help you understand the new maps and get background story information on the land of Agathia
- New movement system that encourages players to stand and fight
- Projectiles now stick into enemies bodies when you hit them
- Slow Health Regeneration while player is not sprinting, attacking or blocking (similar to COD 4)
- Overall increase in stamina
- Massive amounts of tweaking, fine-tuning, optimization and bugfixes including notably:
o Fixed odd delay on weapon attack animations
o Improved FPS on all maps
o Fixed Siege Tower Ladders
o Changed functionality of oilpot to be less spamable
o Introduced “Traveling Time” (when you spawn sprinting won't consume stamina for a time period or until you make a combat action) to allow players to navigate maps faster and spend more time in battle.
o Changed shield blocking system
+ A completely uncountable number of other changes, adjustments and fixes.
For more information please visit Age-of-chivalry.com
Team Chivalry is currently recruiting animators and 3D modelers to prepare for the exciting ideas our team has generated to add to the game in future content releases. This is a great way to gain experience as the team has been around for a while and is very stable and active, all interested applicants should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Age of Chivalry is a first person medieval online game being developed by Team Chivalry, you must own a copy of a source based game (HL2, TF2, DOD:S, CSS, L4D etc.) and have an active account on steam to play. The game itself is entirely free, so why not check us out on steam!