The Kingdom Under Fire conversion is planned to cover a large amount of Bersia, it will be roughly following this map:
The TaleWorlds developers have said Bannerlord is to be highly moddable, like warband, and if it is we'll likely have tools to bring a map like this to the new mount and blade world.
The factions will contain plenty of Officers, Captains, Leaders, Castles, Locations and a large troop tree.
- Hironeiden (Light Blue)
- Ecclesia (Dark Blue)
- Hexter (Orange)
- Vellond (Red)
Note, if you play as a Human faction, you will not be able to recruit Mercenaries from Vellond or Hexter, ie, Humans can not recruit Orcs or Dark Elves.
- Wizards, these units and Commanders (Companions), will be able to be recruited from Human settlements.
- Elven units and Commanders (Companions), these units will be recruited from Pubs in Human settlements in the South.
- Dwarven units and Commanders (Companions), these units will be recruited from Pubs in Human settlements located in the North.
- Orges, these units and Commanders (Companions), will be able to be recruited from Hexter and Vellond settlements.
- Liches, these units and Commanders (Companions), will be able to be recruited from Hexter and Vellond settlements.
- Orcs, these units and Commanders (Companions), will be able to be recruited from Hexter and Vellond settlements.
- The first playable faction
Currently ruled by the ill-tempered King Saul. Though this kingdom follows the principles of the Ecclesian church, its standpoint differs greatly from Ecclesia since religious belief had caused the everlasting conflict with Dark Legion. For people of Hironeiden who must fight bloody battles for survival, religious belief of Ecclesia may not be enough cause to make them devout believers.
- The second playable faction
Politically dependent on Vellond, Hexter is not an officially sovereign entity. Its population mostly consists of Orcs and Ogres. This area is ruled by Regnier, a human with mysterious power. Another mystery is that Regnier does not try to take over Valdermar, even though he was strong enough to bring Orcs and Ogres to their knees. Despite Valdemar's trust and friendship, Regnier always stays neutral and apathetic.
- The third playable faction
Ecclesia is led by Pope Dmitri III, whose religious ideology states “Extermination of unconvertible barbarians and unification of Bersian Continent under one faith”. The zealous nation occupied Azilla while Azilla was divided over the king’s throne. Ecclesia consider Ancient Heart to be a demonic artifact, thus will excommunicate anyone who speaks of or attempts to learn about it.
- Dark-Elves and Half-Vampires
- The fourth playable faction
Currently ruled by Valdemar. He somehow succeeds in unifying numerous nations of Dark Elves, Orcs, and Ogres, yet conflict exists amongst the races. Especially, Dark Elves are the most problematic since they relentlessly seek for an opportunity to throw out the half vampire king, who they consider racially inferior Dark Elves. To prevent coup d’etat, Valdemar sent out half vampire Regional Inspectors to watch over the Dark Elves.