Hobby: OpenGL engine programming, formerly Half-Life mod development.
Ааа, теперь понятно. Спасибо.
Лично мне больше классический вариант нравится.
Я понимаю, что вкладки. :)
Какие вкладки и зачем?
Tabs? What tabs?
You should know that if you used VHE before. :)
"Tools" -> "Options..."
Excuse me but I still can't understand the point.
The problem is that compiler executable is not found on the path, right? If it does exist, then this is a bug (probably because of whitespaces in paths, try to place compilers under some other directory, e.g. "C: \compilers"). If it doesn't, then it's up to you to ensure that right compilers are specified in Preferences, how can I help you in this case?
Well, I don't see any problem. That is why I can't help you. Sorry.
You hit "compile" and there is no compiler executable in the place. Are you jeering at me?
Then I don't understand the problem.
"Windows cannot find the file specified" and there is no such file. What's wrong?
Thanks. Does "C: /Program Files (x86) /Steam /SteamApps /common /Half-Life /valve /hlcsg.exe" really exist?
Thank you for the question. OS type/version, full compile log (not here, certainly, a link to some pastebin), admin rights yes/no - this is the essential information, please provide it also.
It is already implemented, but I don't remember in which version.
Please write here the game directory string as it is defined in preferences, just copy it here.
The gib model path you get after setting the model is "home/half-life/valve/models/woodgib.mdl" exactly?
Is your game directory (in preferences) correct?
This problem usually occurs when the editor doesn't find a game directory substring in your model name, and therefore can't collapse the path to a relative one.
Sorry I can't understand what should I do to reproduce the rotation bug you described. Would you mind giving me a small map with a model where you face this glitch?
You can also post comments and Jackhammer bugs here:
Thank you for the report!
I'll check both 1 and 2 points. As for the point 3, the main memory consumers in Jackhammer are textures. You should use as little WADs as it is possible, because all of them are loaded at once. Also, the current (32-bit) version of Jackhammer can't use more than 2 Gb of memory, therefore it doesn't matter how much memory have you got - 3, 4 Gb or even more. The only way to deal with this problem is to reduce number of textures (and/or WADs) loaded into the profile.
Btw, I am not related to Xash3D engine. You should contact its authors using its ModDB profile or whatever.
Подробно ответил вам в комментарии к новостям. Прошу в дальнейшем воздерживаться от троллинга и бездоказательных обвинений.
Кстати, разрешите мне зайти с коронного русского вопроса.
Вы, собственно, кто такой?
It was so funny to read these unfounded accusations. :)
Maybe one day the engine will be opened under GPL or other open-source terms, but I doubt you will appear then and present some apologizes. You would rather find something like "for ( int i = 0; i < N; ++i )" and say "Hey, guys, I saw this line in an open-source project, the author is a thief!!!" :))) There is a nice Russian proverb: "Pizdet' - ne meshki vorochat'"
To clarify things:
1) I put much attention to license terms. The engine uses many ideas from GPL projects, but not the code itself - which means that there are no (or almost no) legal issues. Most issues that exist are well-known (and described elsewhere), and I work on their elimination. If you find some license violations - please report them and I'll fix them ASAP. This is very important for me, because I personally hate people who steals the code and presents it as their own work.
2) Cross-platform means that engine supports Linux platfrom, although there are no projects released under it. The number of supported platforms has a tendency to grow, because I'm interested in mastering as many technologies as possible. But I don't claim anything until the work is complete.
3) I have no plans to sell either the engine or projects developed on it (e.g. Wolfram) at this moment. My work is completely non-commercial, however it can be changed in future, if it will be in popular demand.
4) I believe that a single person can develop a competitive engine, if the person it smart enough. However I don't assert that I'm such a person. But I do my best. :)
Инструменты будут доступны вместе с выходом dev-версии движка. Пока и движок, и инструменты в разработке.
What classname has that "random" entity? If it is func or trigger, then the reason is quite straightforward.
Thanks! Id tech 3 support is currently under intense development. :)
Have you tried it with XDM? Any flaws?
Thank you for the opinion! Linux support, and cross-platform development itself, is very important for us.
Thanks! We do our best.
Arrow keys will work in the next release.
Don't forget to watch our group for news and updates:
UPD: thanks a lot again! The bug was found and fixed. :)
Thank you! I'll check this wad.
1) Please give the that .wad from the Arrangement Mod.
2) Please describe step-by-step how you "play" with the wad window so I could reproduce the crash.