The Original Nerdy Afrikaner
Awesome, can't wait to play this next version! Haven't played it yet so is the ECA part of this release or an upcoming one?
Regardless, Russia FTW. Glory to the Motherland ^^
Whoa, that's really... kwaai... ^^
Good one, this really suits his tactics better IMO
Yay, the Z-95 Headhunter! ^^
Hey guys, nice mod you got yourselves here. Just downloaded it a few minutes ago, and I'm currently still on the first level trying to get all the permissions (entering the data stream in the top level is for the weak ;)
Just wanted to say, thanks for the mod, your work is much appreciated ^^
Nasty. They look annoying already ^^
Eina... that had to hurt. Cunning trap, actually :)
Peace Through Playing Dirty! The Technology of Pain!
Ha, ha! "Tiberiums", nogal XD
Looks a bit dinged up, don't it =P
Nice model ^^
Why are all the cargo planes so cool? Cargo planes aren't supposed to be cool ;)
But great job anyway
So, is this like a human-piloted missile? Evil. But looks like a fun unit :)
It's like that because the resource gatherers have a "don't worry, be happy" philosophy. Hey, why else would they sound so carefree in the middle of WWIII?...
Eish. Eina. That looks dangerous...
Is it any good against infantry or does North Korea have an alternative form of anti-infantry?
Nasty... I wouldn't want to get on the wrong end of that thing there... :)
How much power do you get out of that thing
"looks like a golf cart"... well, knowing the GLA, it probably *is* a golf cart :)
Oh nice. The ultimate GIS tool. Here's your competition, Garmin :)
Gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "equal share for everyone..."
"You'll find they are immensely superior to droids..."
*whistles "We Are The Red Cavalry"*
What is this, Comrade? Red Square?
Sweet! Looks like you even fixed the car/building scale problem :)
I happened to pass by and - ta-dah! A new version of 88F, would y'all just look at that! I guess I'll just download it now... as in real soon... but I do have to *study* ;( for some tests next week (Calculus - wish me luck) so it may be a while before I have something to say.
Just for interest's sake, before I download and play, have you rebalanced the larger Transports yet? I'm not going to be happy until the transports make sense. <i>Shake in your shoes!</i> :D
DEATH TO SUBTERRANEAN UNITS!!!
PS. Thanks for the very long reply, foxUnit01 :)
MOD: 88 FLAK
_This is a pretty good mod._
- Small download/short activation time on FLMM.
- 18 mod options, which can totally change your game.
- Rebalanced ships. Liberty is no longer totally obsolete, for example.
- Fighter balancing. No fighters are 'bad' to own. Each fighter class can hold its own vs. other fighter classes. It just depends on your style which fighter class you select. (For example, Pursuit = lightning-fast but built of cardboard; Very Heavy = unbearably ponderous but very solid.)
- *Many* more player-purchasable ships (+ 'flyable' stations and capital ships!) make for a longer game.
- Stations, docking rings, etc. are destructible (but get rebuilt after a while).
- Trade lanes have been replaced by trade lane buoys, and cruise engines are slightly faster. This makes it slightly easier to be a pirate; it also reduces travel time in systems that had no trade lanes in the original Freelancer.
- Player-purchasable stations which are used as dependable bases, always friendly to the player(s) who bought them, as well as offering discounts on equipment.
- Comes with integrated Freelancer v. 1.1 patch, for obsolete guys like me who still have v. 1.0.
- Players can hire wingmen in multiplayer.
- Trading, mining and salvaging all bring in more money. Components remain in the same price range, ships are *much* more expensive. This is better balance than the original, and it keeps you playing.
- 8x normal cargo space. Ammo, salvaged weapons, and some mounted components also take up cargo space. This makes things much more interesting. For example, 'Drat, I don't want to sell the shield capacitor because it's very rare and I might need it later, even though I can't use it on my freighter at the moment... but it's using so much cargo space, I can hardly make a profit! What am I gonna DO?!' :D
- Instant docking at bases makes life easier on traders under fire.
- 'Rare' components that add shields, armor, power regen., and can be mounted on Mine and CM mount points.
- Different in-game music.
- Menu music from Red alert 2 :) and elsewhere.
- See the mod description/home page for more 'pros'.
_Okay, so nothing's perfect._
- The balancing, while good, does have its blind spots. All Heavy Fighters and Combat Freighters (Humpback, Drone, etc.) are almost exactly the same. All weapons of the same class and reload rate have almost exactly the same specs.
- Balancing of the larger transports does not make sense. The Armored Transport has more cargo space than the Transport, and the same amount of space as the Large Train/Large Transport/Luxury Liner!
- Trade lanes have been replaced by trade lane buoys, and cruise engines are slightly faster. Travel time in larger systems is increased (to cross the larger systems, 5+ minutes if you don't dock or fight).
- For no very apparent reason (except trade/fight balancing?), no more random missions. Is this a feature, or were random missions too hard to integrate with the mod?
- Some component descriptions contain mild swear words and/or look like a readme. This is amateurish and detracts from the otherwise 'polished feel' of the mod.
This mod is *very* downloadable (plays a bit like VegaStrike!) and will let you see Freelancer in a whole new way. It could still use some polish here and there for later versions, but in the meantime, you could be playing it already!
If you're still undecided, let me make up your mind for you:
***DOWNLOAD THIS NOW!***
What about adding a vicious 'Shiba Inu' - Attack Dog / Explorer's Dog?
I just thought of something.
The FL universe is changed by the mod, but the news articles are still mostly from the old FL - some articles make less sense than they used to :) - e.g. the one where the Gaians drag an ice asteroid into a trade lane.
I've already typed out a few news articles about why trade lanes were abolished, government acknowledgement of the existence of Nomads, etc.
When I've written a few more articles I'll just post them somewhere...
OK, *news articles* aren't such a big deal, but whatever. For the sake of completeness...