This member has provided no bio about themself...
You need have D2:LoD patch 1.10 installed to launch BFE. There is no specific linux launcher, so you just need run it under wine.
No. You just need to tell mod where you have D2 installed. "Game.exe" is main execute file of D2 and I haven't right to distribute this file. This file is in D2 root folder. Just choose it.
I dunno how you can install mod in wrong way, but try reinstall mod and when installer asks you where you want to install mod, don't change install path or, at least, don't remove "BFE" folder from install path.
Also, "Change game path" option in launcher's config is path to "game.exe".
Did you tried to move installed mod to somewhere manually? Or may be messed with "PlugY" folder?
Misterman, what OS you have installed?
Mod is for patch 1.10
Sorry, but I don't understand your problem.
Just extract it directly to D2 root folder. That's all.
@>lester2096: So you made something wrong. Remember that you have to install ALL update packs from 1.30 to 1.37. Also you have to launch mod from "LaunchBFE.vbs".
@>fatigue: The only reason of waypoints crash is wrong mod installation/launching. Please, reinstall all versions from 1.30.
And, yes, version 1.37 contains "friendly fire" feature. Please, read documentation.
@>secret_trainer: It's impossible and have no sense, sorry.
Version 1.37 was released and available for downloading. :)
BATTLE FOR ELEMENTS
Version 1.36 to 1.37 Upgrade Pack
- Important: New feature - Friendly Fire. Some of ranged weapon as well as some of skills can harm allies now. You can see this in item or skill description as "(can harm allies)"
line. Some of skills that have this feature also have raised damages to prevent making these skills useless. :)
- New contest!!! See details on official site: www.bfe.net.ru
- One special superunique monster (Stephen Colbert the Great Alchemist of Truthiness) was added in Act 5 as contest result.
See details here: D2mods.com
- 7 new monsters.
- 2 new areas.
- New User Interface elements.
- Some new items (like Ancient Keys) were added.
- Some changes in Ancient Containers opening. You'll need to figure it out.
- Runewords were enabled for crafted items.
- Crafted items were improved (See Special Recipes in Cube Recipes.doc/pdf).
- Some new modifiers for high quality items were added.
- Random resistances/immunities for summons were removed.
- Some skills were rebalanced.
- Some unique items were rebalanced.
- All mercenaries have proper names, icons, and sounds now.
- Oak Sage doesn't have physical immunity on Nightmare anymore.
- And again you can kill Cow King without banning your character from Moo Moo Farm.
- Some Favorite Talisman upgrade recipes were changed to prevent bug with "+X to Vitality" modifier on Talisman.
- Bug with missed quantity on socketed combo weapon (such as javelins etc.) was fixed.
- Bug with wrong sizes of Shadows (it was hard to select these monsters for attacking) was fixed.
- Some graphical glitches in Nihlathak Temple area were fixed (thanks to SheX).
How to install:
Make sure that you have version 1.36 of mod installed to install this update pack.
Unzip all files to Diablo2 root folder with files replacing.
@>Danikas: Please, follow installation instructions. All you need is exract all files to your D2 folder keeping all paths. After this, you'll have "BFE" folder in your D2 folder.
@>Danikas: You need to launch mod with "LaunchBFE.vbs" file, not with any shortcut.
@>dany14789632: This is mod for 1.10 patch!!! It is stated in all readmes and anywhere. You need "game.exe" from version 1.10 to play BFE.
@>dany14789632: First of all, install D2+LOD (patch 1.10). You need to download all versions of BFE from 1.30 to 1.36 (all these versions you can download here, in "Download" section). Then you need to extract all files from 1.30 archive to your D2 root folder (keeping all paths). Repeat this process with all other archives (from 1.31 to 1.36). After this you'll see "BFE" folder in your D2 root folder. Go to "BFE" folder, search for "LaunchBFE.vbs" and run it. That's all. :)
@>poolo: Another (and the best) way to solve your problems is to get licenced version of game or, at least, good unlicenced variant. Also, if you use some sort of loader for D2 launching then try to change it. And of course, I will NOT change anything in mod for unlicenced version owners' comfort.
And btw, why you edit any files in game if you don't know what you do? You can not answer. It is a rhetorical question. :)
- Favorite Talisman don't have "Reduces Vendors Prices" and "+% to Experience" properties anymore. It was senseless anyway
and was resulted to exploit. :)
- Max price vendors pay you for your items is 50000 now on all game difficulties.
- Some character skills were rebalanced again.
- Some unique items were rebalanced again.
- HP of Diabloclone on Normal difficulty were raised, but level of Firestorm was reduced.
- Mimics drop was enhanced.
- Range for Exotic Weapons was increased.
- Rare blood (Council Member, Frog Demon, Overseer, Frozen Horror) drops more often now.
- Maximum levels of aura and summon skills on charms were raised to 24/16/8. See Cube Recipes. Required character levels for using these charms are same as required character levels for creating these charms.
- Critical one: TCP/IP multiplayer mode was fixed.
- Korlic is visible now.
- Bug with wrong quantity of spirit wolves and dire wolves was fixed.
- Range for Corpse Explosion was fixed.
- Incorrect description on Cold Mastery was fixed.
- Aura of Countess and her sister don't have exploit anymore.
- Broken level-up modifiers on unique shields were fixed.
- Bug with enourmous damage on fire enchanted boss' death was fixed.
- I enabled firebolt retailation from goatmen again. Hope this time it will work. :)
- Innate bug with wrong damage and life displaying on Raise Skeleton and Raise Skeletal Mage skills was fixed.
- Bug with Megademons' animation glitch when they cast Poison Explosion was fixed.
- Some property strings for item descriptions were reduced to minimaze chances for famous 2048-symbols-on-item bug.
- Multiplayer bug with item personalization was fixed.
- Deckard Cain and Tyrael monologues at Act 4 were fixed ( Great thanks to Gravity for
"pidgin english to english" translation :D ).
@>lester2096: Just enable it (ActiveSharedStash=1) in PlugY.ini.
@>lester2096: You can just look into "news" page here.
@>poolo: Some unlicensed variants of D2 can give this effect. You can just go to next act on another (good) instance of D2 with your char and then return to your instance. Or you can use any additional waypoint in next act and then just TP to town. :)
Update pack from version 1.35 to 1.36 is out and ready for download here
@>lester2096: I'll think about it, thanks :)
@>lester2096: At the moment all mod contests are won. You need to play future versions of mod to participate.
@>Niksu107: Look for BFE\Knowledge Base\General Information.doc file. "How to install" section is in this file.
@>lester2096: No, these things are managed my *.bin files, not dll files. If you want to know more about D2 modding, then wecome to Phrozen Keep. :)
@>lester2096: Ask Deckard Kain in Act 5 about this. ;)
@>lester2096: No, you don't need to enter any elemental plane to finish quest. Did you killed Great Lich?
@>lester2096: So are you forgot about 1.30? You need to install: 1.30, 1.31, 1.32, 1.33, 1.34, 1.35.
@>lester2096: Seems like you still have mod wrong installed. Have you BFE folder in your D2 root folder? Did you extract updates in D2 root folder and not in BFE folder? Didn't you have any extracting collisions like BFE folder IN another BFE folder? Check for "d2game.dll" file in BFE folder. Is this file exist?