This member has provided no bio about themself...
If it's similar to The Gallery we've got one hell of an album coming, another Gothenburg sound classic.
Happy to hear that. I hope everything is going cool for you too. I'm fine but college starts in a week u.u , so I'm trying to have fun for the remaining days. Cool bands to start listening, let your boyfriend guide you hahaha.
See you later.
Never really listened to Gorgoroth. After hearing this I'm definitely going to.
Hahaha ******* Abbath always doing some weird ****. He has this really ridiculous little hip dance in the All Shall Fall videoclip.
I know, I'm excited too. And the album cover is going to be good as well , like all of their albums.
This is a killer one. Gods of Thunder of Wind and of Rain has to be one of my all time favorites from Bathory.
1. I'm here to make clear some points that you made in your first comment and also other things. Metal is generally more "serious" because it was born in places where there was nothing to do, and life was ****, so the metal was born from that feeling of rising from a ****** world and break the chains. A lot of metal artist talk about their own experiences which makes it more serious and generally have songs about things that matter in life.
2. Then for tolerance, I'm pretty tolerant myself, my sentence for music is "You like it you listen to it". I listen to some Rap groups, RUN-DMC, and MF Doom are my favorites, I also listen to electronic music mainly Perturbator and Marnik, and I also listen to The Unguided which can be classified by many as a poser group or whatever but I don't care. The thing is here we focus on metal because that's what we have in common in this group and I'm not going to post links of the latest EDM song I heard or whatever, here it's only Metal baby oh yeeeeaaaah.
3. Now about adoring Satan and all that ********, this one has to be the ******* argument that gets me on my ******* nerves because it's ******* ridiculous. Did you know that the main singer of Slayer and also bass player is Catholic. He is called Tom Araya and he is from my country and it makes me proud as a metal fan. Tom said that he making music with devil imagery and lyrics doesn't mean he worships Satan, it means the band is talking about something that no one else has the guts to do. Metal is about showing those things that are wrong to society, but not worshiping them, it's kind of learning from the mistakes or accept the evil nature in some things. Even Chronos from Venom said that they didn't really worship Satan it is all part of the image and a career not their personal beliefs, in this case you cannot take every metal band seriously even thought I stated they generally are serious. No one wants to see Satan rise and burn everything or ******* bodies crushed into pulp, even Cannibal Corpse said their covers we're just art and it wasn't real it's just to draw attention because the prohibited things are more attractive. Well then you can argue about Black Metal being satanic but that's another whole story based on historical events and in my opinion the people of the Scandinavian countries are allowed to hate on Christians after they tried to impose their religion by force and they almost erased all of their original traditions and culture. And at last, yes, maybe there are bands with true Satan worshipers even though I doubt it, but just like I said enjoy music for what it is "you like it you listen to it".
4. On a last point I agree some Metal fans can just get way too obnoxious and all that poser **** really makes me sick. I think with a simple "I don't like" it's enough. But since Metal is such a big tree it will always be divided cause there is not liking everything. And I think that all the Metalcore and Death core and Nu Metal or other genres classified as "poser" or whatever do have some origins in metal but overall relate much more to other music styles and that's why you see that division.
5. Metal was never about bringing people down. It has helped me to go through rough times and overall made me a better person. It just has a different approach to things. Metal talks about problems but at the same time about solutions. Metal talks about negative stuff so you can accept it and then overtake it : "A lot of terrible **** can happen but at the end of the day we have to go on and hold on tight no matter what".
****! All this writing just cause I wanted to come here share my favorite Darkthrone song and a Sabaton song, jeeeez.
Great album I've heard it sometimes before. This album cover always reminds me of King Diamond's Abigail.
Underrated folk metal band, whit mad bass lines.
I think Black Metal had a time and a reason to be, a music that reflects the anger against the religions (christian religion mainly) that tried to impose themselves by force and tried to destroy the original beliefs and values of the European countries. Also reflects the atmosphere of the Scandinavian countries which is dark and cold (climate), but yet beautiful (nature) and mysterious. That's why many of the bands embraced the Satanic imagery cause it represented what was wrong for the Christians and therefore it was in some sort a declaration of War against those religions. But I must say I prefer the bands that focused more in contemplating the atmosphere of their countries and/or their beliefs (Norse gods), just like Burzum does and many others, but I still dig the whole satanic affair. I feel like maybe many bands are appearing just wearing Corpse Paint because they think it is to look cool or evil, and don't know the true meaning of it, and also, like you said, they don't bring nothing new to the table and just think that incorporating a blast beat on the drums and repetitive fast riffs is going to make them Black Metal. Black Metal was never meant to be music for everyone, and when you listen to it you're supposed to feel the power and the magic. I really appreciated the complexity and high technique that Urgehal had in that album (I say it like this because I haven't heard anything else from them so I don't know if it's their only album like that, but I bet all the other albums are great as that one) compared to other Black Metal bands.
Could you give me any examples of any of those wannabes. I mainly listen to Bathory, Burzum, Darkthrone and Emperor when it comes to Black Metal. So I basically just listen to the "classic" stuff and also Windir. Oh and great album by the way.
Oh **** dude that was awesome. I love when they include things like that in songs. You reminded me of this all time classic that includes those atmospheric symphonic parts Youtube.com
Brutal & Beautiful
Hi guys I don't mean to spam or anything. I just wanted to let you know that I started a YouTube channel some months ago, and it's basically just silly video-game videos poorly edited. But I'm leaving some links here in case you enjoy them and also sometimes I include some metal songs in them like in the first video. You don't have to watch them if you don't want to but if you enjoy them let me know ;).
I find it hard not to like them. Their music is really soothing in a weird way.
I've been rocking to this sweet jam.
Definitely love them. Although when it comes to Korpiklaani I prefer the original versions in Finnish. Viinamäen Mies lml
Cool underground band, check them out and help them grow.
I've been so busy with College that I haven't had the chance to give it a listen. But I know what I'll be blasting this weekend.
I loved it! After this one I heard another song and I was like... Ok will definitely listen to this guys.
I have seen Slayer live twice. They really focus on playing the best they can, and the result is an amazing show. And Slayer will always be special for me because Tom Araya is Chilean as I am.
This album cover is glorious.
Quintessence was the song that got me into them. Real good album.
So I just went to the movie theater to see Deadpool.
When at one point of the movie he says to the bad guy:
I'm gonna do to your face what Limp Bizkit did to music in the late 90s!
I laughed way too hard.
Two awesome things just happened today:
- It's the birthday of one of my favorite metal albums. The Jester Race. Definitely my favorite album from In Flames. Youtube.com
- And a friend just invited me to see The Rolling Stones live for ******* FREE.
Amon Amarth just gets better and better.
Talking about celtic music there is a sub genre called folk metal. I'll leave some links here so you check it out.
Welcome to the group!!
Feel free to post here any song you like, music video, or whatever.
That's kind of what we do around here.
RIP Lemmy Kilmister.
You are a hero to all of us.
Heroes never die!! Your soul and music will live till eternity.