One of those guys who remembers games coming out on floppys! :D<br /><br />Also known as Axeman, but changed that one due to overwhelming number of people using the same exact name.
1. Go buy Doom games on Steam.
2. Go download sourceport. I use Zandronum.
3. Go download Brutal Doom Mod.
4. Install Doom games and browse for them in explorer. Usually, they are in Steam/steamapps/common/NAMEOFDOOMGAME.
5. Inside of NAMEOFDOOMGAME folder there is a folder called /base. It is default in all versions of classic Doom games bought on Steam except in Masters Levels of Doom.
6. Now, run Zandronum installation and do not click on ''install'', but select option '''portable installation'' and extract it to /base folder of your Doom game.
7. When it's done, simply enter /base folder, delete dosbox.exe which Steam uses to emulate doom and rename zandronum.exe file to dosbox.exe files. NO NEED TO EDIT .BAT as some guides would suggest!
8. Now, what you get is when you click on Doom Game via Steam, you will run it through Zandronum.
9. Final step is to open folder ''skins'' inside /base folder and put your Brutal Doom .pk3 file in there. This way, Doom will automatically load Brutal Doom Mod. Be advised, you need to download proper version of Brutal Doom Mod for Zandronum. If there is no ''skins'' folder inside of /base folder, create it ane name it ''skins'' (no quotes, lowercase letters.
10. Be advised Master Levels of Doom for Steam don't have /base folder, so all extraction of Zandronum and creation of ''skins'' folder with Brutal Doom Mod should be done directly in game folder "Master Levels of Doom".
If you followed these steps correctly, now you can play Doom games via Steam. You will have every single customisation available through Zandronum port and by default, Brutal Doom Mod will be activated for play. For all of you who are a bit fanatical about their game stats, yes, Steam will now track your gaming time.
Anyone needs any more help, you may find me at www.facebook.com/godofthegrain or over Steam, it's Liberteer. Cheers!
Some of the people already asked about connecting Steam versions of Doom with Brutal Doom.
I couldn't find answers only, so I've experimented a bit. Maybe this is for newbies, as you hardcore gamers would say, but then again... I will certainly save someones nerves.
So, here is how you can connect different sourceport with Steam versions of Doom and play via Steam with Brutal Doom mode on... READ ON!