This member has provided no bio about themself...
Not trying to talk bad about OpenGL.. but it just doesnt like my computer as much.. it doesnt correspond with New Vision. Strange
Oh and OpenGL Renderer doesnt work as well as Kenties... It has Risks, while Kenties doesnt.. it even states that in the selection menu for the renderer your wanting to use.. somehow... i have like 10 renderers pop up.. Does DeusEx come with MetalDrv.dll, GlideDrv.dll, SoftDrv.dll, WinDrv.dll, IpDrv.dll ... of course Direct3dDrv.dll does but do all those others? bc theres alot of renderers in my deus ex file...
Basically Im still working on it a little to take out the bugs... but its better doing this than those ppl like me who dont want to upgrade to/ or cant afford to upgrade operating systems. So... having sayd that. Im sure Im not the first person to have accomplished this or whatever.. Im just trying to post its availability for everyone. Im trying to make every game work on XP with only having to buy a fair graphics card and a little ram. (Skyrim) is about the only impossible game. haha
Well.. first off New vision is not meant for XP. I didnt make New Vision but thats a dead giveaway thats its not meant for XP. But I upgraded my ram ... the steps I preformed was:
1. Downloaded New Vison, OpenGL, and Kenties DX10 (NOTE DX10 isnt made for Windows XP. But You can download A Remake of DX10 for XP online.
2. I took all textures from New vision and copied them to texture folder of deus ex original.. replacing all files.. exept the few Core files like Core text.. etc. It doesnt replace them ... just hit Yes To all.
3. Upgraded my ram to 512mb... haha.. then eventually found out i needed like a gig or 2.
4. Since I have an Integrated Graphics Card (Microsofts Piece of Sh** Idea of a joke) I had to pull a few strings... eventually obtained a Radeon.. etc.
5. Ran Deus Ex using Kenties Mod (1024x768 Hi Res) All textures High and idk how to get GUI Scaling to work bc it never has the core file. anyways (ADD) I magically got it working... yes big prb was memory and vid card... but you do have to rearrange the texture folders... it helps a whole lot.. plus you wont have two texture folders in DeusEx. so i read all files in NVTextures and copied everything NVTextures didnt have to NVTextures... point is NVTextures doesnt have file CoreText blah blah.. so copied everything to the folder and renamed NVTextures to textures so i ddidnt have to change paths in system folder
Ok sorry for all the post guys. Im working on the XP fix now. bc some ppl just dont hav vistas or 7 but want good graphics. when I finish (if i can upload New_Vision_XP_fix on the downloads here from a psp) Then I will feel accomplished. It might not be as top of the line as the Vista or 7 but.. it will be bettr than the original graphics and ill try to make it close to the same as Vista/7. that way you will get as gd of an exprience. anythng to make NV stand out by adding anothr op. system compatibility.
Ok NVM u cannot move origin textures. btw I got 7 copies of DeusEx on PC so thrs room for error. wat can I do?
my bad textures are 2.25gb not 1.5 :) originals r just 69mb. haha crazy.
My Question: >> I have both original textures and nvtextures in my directory. do i need to delete/move the original textures. bc maybe its tryin to load both sets.. nv and original. Is that a possibility? Note: othr than that. the maker of this mod shld know.. NewVision works on Windows XP :) with a lil more work effort.
WITH all that being said. I downloaded evrything correctly. the textures are great xept for that radius problm mentioned. its i think
1. graphics card or.. celeron 2.4ghz processor 256ram or both cant handle it (load all of the screens txtures).
OK., dont tell me to lower my detail settings bc it turns off new vision. means txtures are normal.
lastly: I have NVtextures path on and its in DeusEx directry.
Is the problem this below:
I need to delete original deusex textures. bc path textures is on too.
continue of my last post : I only c the difference (the new vision amazing textures) ten feet in front of JCs eye view. meaning say im in the lobby of the liberty statue. a short radius the textures are like new vision is spose to be. darker.. detailed.. etc. now... outside the radius like the wall on other side of room isnt detailed. its normal textures .. the walls lighter and less detailed but note: the closer i walk to that wall... and its in my radius of maybe (5-1O feet?) its the new vision txtr
ok... so im trying this on a windows xp bc i said f*** buying a vista or 7. So evrythng downloaded great. im usng OpenGL. it works. im not using kenties launcher or Dx10. just the textures folder thats like 1.5gb and openGL. i play deus ex and of course its gna take longer to load all that in 32bit on an XP. 5-10min. to load each map.. thats fine no prblm.. while playing with all settings on high and in 32bit i c the difference (heres the point) I only c the difference abt 10ft in front of JC...
Also why so short? U cld just make it like the cozmo rpg mod so u dont hv to spend ur time on a story. Make it one huuuge map of things to do like buy stuff ... etc.. Then ill start worshipping u. Haha look at cozmo ull kno wat i mn. Ill giv u credit. Graphics are jaw dropping.
Right wen i started this game i was impressd. Graphics amazing. I just started it right now. I give it a ten out of ten. Good job. Hope u make more mods. Alot of mods on this site dont work or r unfinishd. This is so far the best. Gta go play.
Is this mod still being workd on? I love it altho.. to many bugs. And doesnt work with unrealed. I was gna giv characters voices more things to buy etc. Just for my benefit of play but it loops wen i try to open it. If u hv quit working on it. Thn tell me how i can open it in unrealed. Bcis modwith lil work can even