This member has provided no bio about themself...
Because the DoS Bolg has to do nothing with the Misty Mountains. He was a minion of Dol Guldur and so of Sauron. And Mordor already has more than enough heros.
Don't click at the old map-file in FinalBig, because it might be too big to display. Just click at "AddFile" and write down "maps\MAP ANG Mirkwood\MAP ANG Mirkwood.map"
That is a bug.
The user Bremdal of Modding Union made this fix for the mission:
You have to open your _edain_maps.big with FinalBig and replace the "MAP ANG\Mirkwood.map" by the downloaded one.
I completly agree.
Yes, "Wormtongue" is not the best name for this ability.
You know that this is nonesense. Durmarth gets a shield and an armor, but he don't change his entire body, face, animations and everything else.
Our Bolg is the great leader of all the orcs from the Misty Mountains. Thus he has nothing in common with this orc from the movie, who is leading some fighters from Dol Guldur.
I'm not sure if it is possible to change the stats-menu, and if it would be possible it would be much work.
But there is a way to look yourself at your stats. In the folder where the selfmade-maps are located there is a file named "FG15RealTimeStats.ini". In this filed there are saved all the stats.
So it might be possible to read them with another programm and present them nicely.
Wow, that is an amazing work.
The best way to send these voices would be to upload them with a file-uploader and give us the link.
1. Lorien has not been presented.
2. We are planning to use all the possibilities we've got. This new factions will be decided intern and we have already some ideas, so we won't need suggestions.
3. If they were too annoying, we would not answer them. But it might be that we take some more time, if we have much to do.
4. The faction of 3.81 which needed the most work it is the Misty Mountains. We had too rework nearly everything of this faction. Of the remaining, not presented factions, I can't say it for sure.
5. Sauron and Smaug
6. Yes, I think so.
7. I've joined the mod half a year ago, so I can't tell you exactly ;) Before I found Edain, I always imagined what I liked to change of BfME and Edain did 99% of this changes.
8. Don't think so. He is an undead, who can only be killed by the heir of Isildur. Even the Nazgul could be killed by lesser effects, like the flood. So he would be far too powerful or unrealistic weak.
9. Imladris will only have temporarly access to normal Hobbits in the Hobbit farms. Old Bilbo might be with Imladris, don't know it at the moment.
10. I think Mordor, followed by Isengar and the Misty Mountains.
On Modding-Union.com there are some German tutorials.
(If you prefer English tutorials try The3rdage.net)
BfME is not able to use resolutions properly. It will just zoom as much that the window will be as wide as your screen. That is not changable.
BfME 1,2 have got worse details, because Edain has got so much better details ;)
Tell me when you are planning to do another game. Maybe if I have time, I'd like to join.
Drogoth will be removed in 4.0, but Smaug will get a far bigger role in the faction.
Yes, the iron mine was not fitting into a fortress.
I never said that Ered Luin Gandalf won't be playable anymore. I only said that he won't be at the same place as in 3.81, which is obvious, because there won't be any inns in 4.0 ;)
Why do you think that we toss the Ered Luin Gandalf aside? He will appear in even more games than in 3.81.
Try to press the button "S" as Stop. You units will stop and don't move anywhere until you give them another command.
Yes, there will be some other new creep lairs.
It has been one of the first updates for 4.0 that the inn system will be gone.
For the already presented faction you can look in their updates. In most of them is written what will happen to their Inn heroes.
Try to download it again. It seems your download was broken.
Yes, all unit production structures will level up as in BFME 1.
Good question, I don't know.
The passive Anduril spell has been removed due too the bugs it caused. (Aragorn could get 2500 damage)
The Ered Luin Gandalf will remain in some form, but Gondor Gandalf won't be changed.
Sauron will be reworked.
The reason for this is the background story of Durmarth. He is supposed to have tamed a wild troll. So, he got this ability and Rogash remained ingame. But you are right that this not really fitting and I believe we already removed it for 4.0.
The idea of making a spellbook spell was also discussed once by us, but majority was against it.
You can only recruit the warg riders from level 3. There would be no reason why you want one of the others, because the ones from level three can everything the other 2 can, and are even better for the same price.
The Dwarf campaign should be reworked.
Here is the answer.
We decided against trolls some versions before, for 2 main reasons and a smaller third one.
1. Angmar is a faction having nearly every element that is possible. They have spam units and of them quite good archers, riders and pikes. They have got the direwolves. They have good middle game untis, the man of Carn Dum, and they have got extremly strong lategame units the Favourits of the Witchking. Also they have got strong mages, which might heal, freeze and deal enormous damage. Also they have the barrow-wights.
That is a enormous amount of different units with different roles. When Angmar had also the trolls it was just too diverse to be dealed with. They could conter every strategy their enemy used and even half of Angmars units were not build. So we removed the trolls.
2. The other reason is that we don't like the trolls made up by EA. They were trolls in a horde, even wearing shields. At Edain trolls single units, but still did not like their look. They had nothing in common with the trolls we know from the movies and looked in my opinion just stupid.
3. There were already 2 evil factions using trolls. So we wanted Angmar being different. Angmar should be a faction with huge parts of corrupted and evil men. And men fighting at the side of trolls that is very unlikely.
In the books this big eye is not Sauron himself, it is just a symbol for him. So, we decided that it would be ok, if both are on the map at the same time.
Ok, I will look into the Angmar update section.
Rohan has been completly presented, too. (Expect their ring hero :P)
You will need ballistas far more earlier than siege ladders. Siege ladders are only needed to siege a fortress, but ballistas can also be useful against outposts ore settlement buildings, if they are guarded by a huge army.
There are no big differences between the 3 kind of warg riders. They all cost the same (at the moment) and only got some improvements. The bonus of the brood Warg Rider is, that they can change their formation, but the mountain Warg Rider can't.
Cavalry archers are one of the strongest types of units in the mod, because with their bows, they can conter pikes, the only ones being good agaisnt them.
So, only Rohan, being a cavalry faction, should get some as normal buildable units.
The idea of the stealth does not sound bad.
I understand your problems. Let me try answer them.
We tried in general to give Isengard the same basic system as every other faction, so it would be fairer and we can increasing Isengards strength at some other parts, without making it too strong. The uruks were only so expencive, because of Isengards superior economy. If we weaken the economy, we will decrease of course the prices, too. And Isengards better economy will not be gone completly. They have 3 spellbook spells increasing their economy and they are the only evil faction having lumbermills.
Also, Isengard can reduce the cost of their units by building mineshafts (at the moment up to -30%), which is not bad at all.
Additionally, Uruk-Hai are supposed be the main units of Isengard in 4.0, and as such they have to be worth their price.
And if we find out in our test phase, that nonetheless Isengard will be too weak, we will strengthen it.