This member has provided no bio about themself...
Who’s that pokémon?
Nah, I prefer the original.
I like it!
I see a CABAL face showing up slowly, and with CABAL’s voice-overs...Is CABAL going to show up as its own faction in TI now? :O
Action is coming!
What about all those factions? Will we be able to play as all of these, or only the base 4 (Rebels, Empire, Republic, CIS)?
Damn...I actually liked the Stingray...Maybe one if the Soviet subfactions can keep it? :D
Looks like a mix between the C&C3; MCV, Yuri's MCV (and Slave Miner) and the C&C4; Defense Crawler. Kinda cool.
- Probe: Small detector unit, built at the main ASI building. Unarmed, can be upgraded with a small laser for 500$ each (Requires War Factory or Tech Structure) (Design: Think like the Imperial Probe Droid from Star Wars, or like this: Assets1.ignimgs.com).
- Cyborg Assassin: Cloaked infantry that can melee kill enemy infantry.
- Icer: Infantry that freezes enemy units, like the Cryo-Legionnaire. Could be robot (which could take inspiration of Dark Troopers or Carbonite War Droids from Star Wars) or a Cyborg. Maybe give it an ability to smash frozen units. This could work well with the Egyptian theme ASI has ("preservation", "immortality" and all...)
- Cyborg Commando: No name for it yet, but a plasma based commando
- Reaper: AA/Anti-Armor unit. This used to be an ASI unit but was cut, no?
- Repo Man: Repossessed soldier that is transformed into a Cyborg instead of simply implanted. Requires you to send one infantry unit squad into your Armory Building.
- Transformative Light Tank: Light Tank that transforms into a 2-legged mecha or robot (url: Assets1.ignimgs.com (the tank in the middle) or this: Assets1.ignimgs.com)
- Omniwheel Buggy: (Recolored/Reskinned C&C4; Spider Tank, that thing has omni-directional wheels)
- Ice Tank: Tank that freezes enemy units.
- Transformative Fighter/Bomber: Fighter/Bomber that can transform into a tank. Is armed with missiles. (url: Assets2.ignimgs.com)
- Let us have the epic unit for the ASI back, as well as its building!
- Shield Generator Structure.
Other suggestions (and...some...Random ideas I had, some of them is to help better tie-in with TS/FS and make the game seem like it has technologies that have come out since then (a focus on drones used for war) but weren't accounted for when TS and CNC3 came out):
- New Unit: Black Hand Stealth Laser Trooper. Maybe modify the Shadow Team unit instead, so it looks more high-tech, like the Renegade Stealth Trooper or an evolution of it.
- Replace Nod Fanatics with Hunter-Seeker Drone / Limpet Drone
- Specter or Redeemer can deploy a burrowing drone that can attack enemy units with a melee attack (maybe with some saws?).
- Nod Buggy should have an enclosed canopy like in Tiberium Wars Advanced. Maybe the Nod Attack Bike, as well.
- Upgrade for the Reckoner that allows it to burrow?
- Nod infantry can release a small scout drone (with four rotors)
- New Unit: Nod Banshee MK2 (Wraith?)
- Sniper should have a full body suit like the other GDI troops.
- Pitbull suspension and wheels should be modified so it looks more like the renders and more resiliant.
- GDI vehicles can build attack and repair drones.
- Titans and Wolverines are unmanned.
- Mammoth MK2 as a secondary epic unit? Or maybe a mobile airfield as an epic unit (Tiberian Sun Rising already did that, though)
- Firestorm Defense structure. Produces giant shield around it that lasts 30 seconds upon activation, has to recharge.
- Replace the art for the Sonic Emitter with the Steel Talons scanner from KW.
- Current Sonic Emitter becomes a "Firestorm Turret". Maybe the Shatterer can become a "Firestorm Tank" as well, and GDI gets a new Disruptor Tank?
- Bloodhounds replaced with GDI Titan UCP and GDI Bull Tank from Tiberium. Both are unmanned.
- New Unit: Archon. Anti-infantry unit, from Tiberium. Fires electric beams or the same attack as the Annihilator Tripod.
- New Vehicle: Mobile Assault Carrier. Vehicle unit that acts as a mobile Buzzer Hive, can also deploy ground drones to attack (like Planetary Assault Carrier).
- New Vehicle: Tempest. Medium unit that hovers above ground and deploys a massive lightning attack around it and beneath it (Basically like the Scrin Primal concept art for Incursion, but with a different look, to fit with the other Scrin units). Does small damage, kills all infantry, but mostly EMPs vehicles (RA3 Stingray/RA3 Tesla Tank).
- New Vehicle: Voidwalker. (url: Forum.cncsaga.com) Light vehicle that works like a light gun walker. Gun Walker is moved to Tier 2.
A few suggestions I have is to add some KW units to Nod and GDI factions, and to replace the incomplete Scorpion Tank model with the original one from TW (at least for now). Or at least, have that thing replace the Beam Cannon, instead, because when it comes out of the War Factory, it can still fire regular cannon shots, which look just weird.
KW units suggested:
- Militants (Apply the same skin to Rocket Militants, as well, if you can)
- Awakened / Enlightened (one upgrades to the other at the Shrine or Tech Center)
- Liquid Tiberium Trooper
- Specter Artillery
- Redeemer Engineering Facility
- Air Support Tower
- Voice of Kane
- Zone Raider
- Shatterer (with an upgrade to Zone Shatterer)
- Reclamation Hub
- Support Airfield
- Mastermind can mutate into Prodigy after inhaling Tiberium (Like the aliens in Earth 2160, can use the same code that the Devourer Tank uses).
- Harvester also benefits from Shield upgrade
- Warp Chasm
Sometimes, I let the dozer build up a structure, but the building stops building at 50%. I think it's related to uneven terrain. When you place down the building, it says that the building is placeable and that the terrain is even, but it isn't always. I tried it and it happens especially when you build a building to close to another. For example, I can place the Armory building inside part of a Power Plant, so the structures actually not just touch, but intersect, as in, one goes into the other. If I do that, the second structure won't build up past 50%. Selecting ASI as the enemy faction also crashes the game. Those were the bugs I encountered the most.
Was this weapon designed by Kylo Ren (blue lightning animation when it fires)? :P
Looks cool, I love it! Reminds me a bit of Homeworld: Deserts of Kharak. Is it possible that might've been an inspiration? :)
I never lost faith that you were still active, despite all the silence. There is just too much work and love involved in your mod to let it die."
TSR Lives in death!
Those Tenorran buildings sure remind me of the buildings in Fallen Haven.
Spoke too soon, I think :P
Tried it. Aside from a few bugs (and missing tooltips), this is really fun.
Is it normal that I'm having such a hard time to start? If I play as GDI and Nod, I can easily destroy the AI. If I play as ASI...It takes a while to get started. :\
By the way, the art style and gameplay mechanics for the new faction are absolutely amazing. And how did you get the new music to only play for the new faction? That's pretty neat, even if I'm not the biggest fan of the new music (it's still well done).
Is that masterofroflness?
Does this mean the Confederacy and Trade Federation civs have been replaced with Geonosian and Separatist civs, respectively?
Reminds me of the UCS ship from Earth 2150/2160 :O
Guys, change your mod description to say that it's a "mod for BFME2" instead of a "game" and EA will leave you alone. They mistook your project for a full game because of the incorrect description.
That's because they think it's a game, not a free mod. It's just a misunderstanding. E-mail them back. There's a Mass Effect mod for SW: Empire at War and another one for the original Battlefront 2, both of which are NOT getting cancelled and did not receive a cease and desist.
I would even e-mail them back with those examples and say that as it is a mod in the same vein, it is not infringing on any rights. It's not a paid game.
Ignore it. They did it because they thought it's a video game, not a mod. They can't go to court over this with you. Ignore it.
You are not creating a video game, you are making a mod for an EA game. They are mistaken and the person who reported this to them misunderstood what your mod is. They assumed so because the art style and the game mechanics are nothing like the original game that's being modded (BFME2), so they mistook it for a whole new game.
Reminds me of the shuttles in Mass Effect
I never even realized...This thing is literally the TD Temple of Nod on hover-wheels.
If you're not sure, you could always release an incomplete version of the mod, as-is, I suppose, but ask for people not to use the assets or alter the mod unless they contact you first and get your approval. Perhaps that way, someone would try your mod and get interest in continuing it?
I'm guessing it's a sort of tech lab/tech structure, like a field bureau/forward command post, or an armory?