All of the thanks to goes to Carnius for a great mod, I am thankful that you are kind enough to make this for me and the rest of the CNC community, without caring about any kind of pay or reimbersment. I and, I believe the rest of the CNC community really just want to say, THANKS CARNIUS! and thank you for coming to TEF.

Forum Thread
TE 2.0 Bugs / Glitches (Groups : Tiberium Essence Fans : Forum : TE Bugs / Glitches : TE 2.0 Bugs / Glitches) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 3 2019 Anchor

I took the liberty to make a thread for 2.0, because already the comment section is getting filled up with reports. So better to have it in one place, and easier for Carnius to look at.

NikCaputnic

Forgotten

1. - Starting MCV gets destroyed if ordered to undeploy (no issues with the produced ones)
  2. - Basic troopsThose with the shotguns) don't gain veterancy after "War Age" The one which gives veterancy for human units) is researched.
  3. - Fiends don't get the 4th squad member after "call to arms" upgrade (honestly, I don't think that upgrade is intended for them at all)
  4. - Thunderbird can't attack ground targets.
  5. - Witch squad have its abilites description in its squad description (sorry for tautology), which is misleading, considering that they get it only after upgrade (which is not mentioned anywhere in the description).
  6. - AA tower has traces flying from the structure's base instead of cannon barrels.
  7. - "Blue Tiberium Warheads" upgrade is massively overpowered (Hydra needs only one salvo to deal aprx 80% damage to the MCV, which is frightening considering its firerate and projectile velocity; a lone Punisher can considerably wreck a squad of Avatars, and seems more powerful than Mammoth tank, and this is without any passengers).
  8. - Forgotten's SW is instantly ready after being deployed.
  9. - Some of the upgrades are either not presented or had their descriptions changed during development, yet they still stay in units descriptions (like, "Living Armor", which had to be researched in the Vault Of Knowledge).
  10. - Blue tiberium support power does not look to be working at all.
  11. - Not sure if it is intended, so that is why I am asking: are there supposed to be soldiers running around the Scrap Yard (Junk Yard? Argh, so many new names there)? Because it looks quite ridiculous and out of place.
  12. - Seems that Guardian Squads (basic infantry of the Forgotten) can not get veterancy not only by "Lifetime of War" upgrade - they can't get veterancy at all: neither in combat nor by veterancy crates.
  13. - Reclamator also seems unable to get veterancy.
  14. - Crusher sometimes spins around when attacking.
  15. - On some maps (for example, Black's bigger battle) Forgotten SW can't be fired on random terrain, and sometimes its AOE-icon turns into the one with Scrin symbols.
  16. - Forgotten MCV sometimes has half of its model missing after being heavily damaged and then repaired.
  17. - Mechanics (Forgotten engineers) do not capture enemy-built structures, but do it normally with tech structures, both neutral and captured by enemy.
  18. - Pillbox gets some sort of radar dish when turning into its damaged model, which seems totally out of place (and just in case - no, it does not look like opened hatch cover at all, because it is placed centrally and has quite tall base and shape of flat round trapeze).
  19. GDI: - Kodiak and Zone Defenders (Tacitus Archive) are missing their main weapon sounds.
  20. - AI Juggernaughts sometimes randomly shoot at aircraft.
  21. Nod: - Upgrade for cyborgs previously called "durable materials", which now is "servo-something-i-can't-remember" (the one with legs icon, which could previously be researched in the Secret Shrine), is unavailable anywhere, and so, can't be researched.
  22. - Montauk still doesn't gain veterancy and still has misplaced descriptions for its reinforcements (though, cameos represent the right unit).
  23. - Not a bug, but Cyborgs don't have any bullet traces, which looks odd; it would become a positive addition (easier to see what is exactly under fire).
  24. - Cyborg Commando still has Cabal's laughing repeating at random moments.
  25. - (Not sure if this is intended or not, so will tell) Cyborg Commando can enter buildings and fire from them, which seems quite OP, and thus may be unintended.
  26. - Venom (Tacitus archive) has Banshee's description for its supersonic boost ability.
  27. - Toxin troopers (Tacitus archive) are missing their cameo.

Guest:

Scrin:- 28.- ・Overlord Defensive upgrade doesn't work. (The one that's supposed to get extra shields)

29.-・The anti-air weapon upgrade doesn't seem to work. (I can't force fire it at air craft, but it might still automatically attack enemy air units.)Scrin Mothership(Carnius Ver.)

30.-・Seed Tiberium ability doesn't work.

31.-・Tripods and Corrupter are still missing shield animations on lower graphic settings.(Haven't checked the higher ones, so this might be a non-issue for some.)
Ravager Gunship

32.-・Ravager Gunship Doesn't have an ion-storm animation.(i.e. the one where other Scrin ships glow and have lightning texture effects on them.)

All that I've noticed is:

33.- Forgotten Harvesters can drive straight through walls

34.- Forgotten Harvesters automatically go to blue tiberium after building them, even if green is closer Edit: It seems this only happens on 'Deadly Six' Map.

35.- Mini Map is broken. You can't click on it to go to a location. Heh, forget that one. I had C&C Classic Controls on.

------------------------------------------------------

63.- - Tiberium Fiend's deathsound can be heard all over the map (don't know about the situation for allied and hostile human players, because I haven't tried it in MP yet, but I always hear them dying even when they are on the other side of the map).

64.- - Reclamator quite often ignores enemy units on its way until direct attack order, even with the aggressive behavior enabled.

65.- - Description of Battle Bus says it's weaponless.

(?)Not sure if intended but Reclamator doesn't fire its own weapon if garrisoned by other troops. And acts kinda weird depending whats inside. If Brute, then it tries to stab/claw things!

Edited by: Sarlix

Jan 3 2019 Anchor

Nik, Tleno, Sarlix, dudes, you have duplicity in it.
Some additonal info and clarification:
Mutant faction bugs:
2.)/12.) Guardian Squad. Lifetime of War upgrade. Must check that again. But it certainly was working for my Guardians, Flak Troopers, Marauder Squad.
Guardian squad description - says they clear garrison. They dont, neither they should as T1 basic infantry.

3a.) Yes. Tiberian Fiends sometimes some or all or just single member doesnt change into blue one with Blue Tiberium Infusion upgrade, but shall still shoot correctly the blue shards.
Tiberian Fiends - they clear garrison in slightly odd and slow way. Not in their description. Check for stealth detection.

3b.)Garrisoned Fiends are on roofs. And doesnt exactly shoot out.
Call to Arms doesnt add fourth Fiend squad memeber.

4.) Thunderbird has incorrect description; its dedicated AA ASF unit. Worldbuilder has pending(TE 2.1 I supose) Wywern/Commanche chemical spray gunship.

5.) Witch squad Precognition upgrade. The ability the decrease incoming damage by 10%(I wonder if it stacks) and stealth detection is clearly described as requiring upgrade.

7.) Hydra damage, rockets per salvo and range OP, more than Cobra. Blue Tiberium Warheads + 100% damage OP.
In that sense, obviously upgraded Punisher and Hind would be OP as fuck as well.

10a.) Its quite catchy, often doesnt work, doesnt spawn the blue tiberium vinifera tree, but it takes time to regrow and requires place from harvested tiberium.

10.b)Due to that all standard blue tiberium crystals has been removed from older maps and are only inside Worldbuilder Forgotten list of objects.
Duplicity in blue tiberium field objects.

10c.) Big Veinhole takes entire map, reports of that harvesting it causes game to crash.
Which is weird, given that its veins cannot be harvested.

9.) Descriptions of some abilites and upgrades really have strong discrepancy and are vague.. What exactly means "Extra Upgrades", More Weapons next to More Guns.

9.b)Pillbox is supposed to have Acid Shells and has not-working non-visceroid spawning Visceroid Larvae upgrade instead.
Pillbox requires only 2 energy power.
Visceroid Larvae upgrade describes Catapult as "Mortar Truck".
Catapult spawns larvae after (or maybe even without upgrade) when just force firing ground, not dealing damage to his own stuff.

11.) Thats not bug its intended xD, Scrap Yard has 3 repair drones, those are actually Mechanics. But they dont repair air unit as Thunderbird (and later Wywern)
(War Floater has self-heal. Hind has self-repair, not mentioned in its description)
Lack of aerial repair drones (Mechanic jetpack ? D)

17.) Mechanics cannot capture a lot of neutral structures as well(can capture probably only neutral spikes,silos and mercenary outpost)
Havent seen them to be able to capture enemy structures. Cannot fix their own structures.
Can use Repair ability to instantly repair even Reclaimer, without any upgrade.
Mechanics movement speed very fast.
Brutes movement speed (especially with Blue Tiberium Infusion upgrade) very fast.

25.) Intended and normal, why shouldnt CC be garrisonable. Maybe commando, maybe cyborg, maybe epic unit, maybe OP, but it is still a garrisonable infantry.

37.) Selling Impaler drafts GDI riflemen. Silo drafts Nod militants. Guard Tower drafts riflemen.
38.) Defender can force fire ground and quickly kill of your own even heavier vehicles.
39.) Impaler can only force fire on terrain. Does not auto-aquire targets units.
40.) Tools of Trade Repair ability will instantly repair your Reclaimer back to 100% health. check Fast Repair SP
41.) Resonator and Sanctuary structure icons swapped on support(crane) build menu.

43.) Umagon doesnt clear garrison. Doesnt heal in tiberium. Is not permanently stealthed.
Has AA. Fucking massive AA, which can kil Floater in three shots.

46.) No airfield, no air repair drones, and lack of supportive mobile vehicle with repair drones(Orca Rig/Phantom)
Means that we cannot repair Thunderbird.

47.) Flak Troopers, Witches and Floater OP as fuck
-T4 Floater Pit is missing (?)

48.) Mutant Con. Yard does not provide with default starting 10 energy power

49.) What happened with AI personalities? Why enemy spams barracks or refineries, etc. ?

50.) Salvaged Vehicles SP from Scrap Yard OP.
Summons 5 T1 vehicles at T2. Only for 1000 credits, with only 2 minutes CD.
Summons 2 Battle Buses (2x 700 credits) + 1 Striker 600 credits and Cougar 500 credits = 2500 worth of credits
Battle Bus, Striker, Cougar should be 100 credits more expensive
Scrap Yard itself is only for 1000 credits.

51.) Nature's Call SP OP
Summons 3 uncontrollable Floaters, only for 2000 credits, only 3 minutes CD

52.) Fast Repair SP OP.

53.) Tank Bunker is stealthed. Can garrison MCV, War Camper, Harvester, Reclaimer.
Mouseover pointer shows that air units are garrisonable within as well.

54.) Where are Humvees ?

55.) Harvester can force fire terrain with no garrisoned passenger inside. Weaponless with no firing animation.
Every garrisonable unit and structure with no default AA of its own does not not auto-aquire aerial targets, when Flak Trooper is inside.
(Humvee, Flak Tower and Battle Bus are only exceptions)

56.) Removed/replaced/redone TE bridges and textures and blue tiberium objects with big Veinhole andwith large tib crystal doodads,etc. in Worldbuilder are causing troubles.

57.) Deployed Prospector does not provide with repair (description)

58.) Text description troubles > "More guns" upgrade, etc.,etc.

59.) - Sanctuary (T2 Radar) requires War Camp instead of Refinery and Power Plant. Why?
(Mutant "Armory" combined with "Radar"? Where is clear definition between T2 Radar and T1,5 ?)

- Mutant has Scrin EVA Why?
- New UI credits interface?
-That new voiceoiver of units getting killed/harmed is horrible. Why?

60.)-When Floater and Hind is landed on ground(when garrisoning), it can be attacked by non-AA units,
can be repaired by Fast Repair SP, but not by Strikers,Mechanics.
-Force firing Catapults deals no damage vs your own stuff, just spawns visceroids
- Halucination grenade used on your endless army of visceroids..surely is fun.

61.) Guardian Squad and Reclaimer Veterancy bug fix. Apparently cannot gain rank. Same as Montauk.
Not through crate, not through Lifetime of War upgrade, not by killing your own visceroids experience exploit.

62.) A lot of stuff is not shooting where you would expect them to.
Flak Tower, shoots from its lower base.
Units garrisoned within Battle Bus, etc., not shooting from windows, but bellow the vehicle.
Fix shooting animation by increasing its Z axis properly.

65.) Battle Bus : Description also says its a heavy vehicle :D

66.) Reclaimer has AA (Just as Umagon, garrisoning her inside is too much.) Therefore and not just for this reason:
Reclaimer and Purifier/Crusher and Catapult/Bombard and defences should not be garrisonable.
Flak Trooper does not shoot at air units from Hind. Just as units above, does not auto-aquire air targets when garrisoned inside something what doesnt have native AA by default of its own.

67.) Brutes are not stealthed in tiberium. Check Tiberian Fiends

68.) Crane does not require energy. Impaler does not require energy.
69.) Umagon cannot change stances (Brute can)
70.) Harvester from Machineshop doesnt require Refinery
71.) Crusher/Purifier is T2 (?)
72.) Tiberium Vapor Bomb does not have description for cooldown
73.) Tiberium Booster CD is totally longer than 3 minutes, as per description. (set to 5 minutes I guess)
74.) Witches. Suspected being stealthed even when not in tiberium.
75.)Damaged forgotten suppoet power plane has Firehawk model.
76.)Forgotten War Camp(barracks) has no damaged model
77.)Ascended have a double voiceclip bug when purchased (might be due to Call to Arms upgrade)?
78.)/ Palanduss 4.) Machine Shop cost is 1500 credits. Supposed to be 2000 credits (as every other War Factory and Warp Sphere)
79.)/ Palanduss 6.) The Reclaimer tank cannot fire when it is at 33% or less HP. However, infantry inside can still fire.
80.)/ Palanduss 7 Vehicles must stay perfectly still otherwise insta-full Repair ability of Mechanic and Striker(Tools of Trade) shall not work
81.) Forgotten Mutant MCV does doe draft spawn Mechanic (and any other infantry with it, only Guardian Squad)

Sarlix and Keean and others, pls follow with bug number 80
Thank you :D

Sarlix or Guest, bug 63 is duplicity. Read my bug number 37 :D

Bug 17 and 40 about repairing Reclaimer to full health instantly (Mechanic and Striker with Tools of Trade) is not duplicity.

Edited by: Oaks

Jan 4 2019 Anchor

42.) Witch Squad cannot heal in Tiberium same goes to Umagon.

43.) Umagon is still detectable when firing even though the description said that she's permanently cloaked unless detected.

44.) Suicide Drone (Nod) doesn't attack nor working ability.

45.) Some Forgotten vehicles's fireports doesn't work, but the firing of infantry from inside is instead below the vehicle.

Jan 5 2019 Anchor

Here's one I found while trying to play the GDI Campaign but failed due to being softlocked.

1. Tiberium Wars vanilla fanatics do not denote when upon target. This can be an issue in campaign where certain scenarios are dependent upon the fanatics to do their job or else the game can soft lock.

Here's a pic of it Steamcommunity.com

Jan 6 2019 Anchor

Nuke87654:
- TE 2.0 Fanatic (squad)/Tarantula (Nod Barracks or Mutant Mercenary Outpost)
Softlocked? Bugged. Just destroy your own Power Plant by Force Fire :D
The very first GDI tutorial mission doesnt really count.
Its the first Nod mission which counts.
Bypass by playing the game with earlier version of TE then.

Jan 9 2019 Anchor

Noticed bugs that others "probably" haven't noticed for the forgotten:

1. If you try to load a Witch into the Reclaimer (or w/e the super powerful tank of doom is called), it breaks its ability to load people into it. Other infantry can be loaded into it just fine, even the Ghost Stalker, but whenever you put just one witch in it, it can't load more people and if you unload the witch, the witch can also not get reloaded in it.
  2. If you load any infantry in the Hind, they can't fire out of it. Mentioning it as most infantry carriers for Forgotten do allow people to shoot from out of it. Also Hinds are massive (probably known)
  3. Tank Bunker is quite useful, but some vehicles stick out while inside it; ie their rear bumper clips through the mesh of the Tank Bunker. Noticed with the Obliterator (or as I think of it, the Blue [rather than green] BFG 9000 Tank).
  4. Machineshop costs 1500. Most Vehicle Factories cost 2000. I'd prefer all cost only 1500, but, mentioning anyway.
  5. The ordering of structure icons is different for the MCV Workshop and the Crane. Most factions the ordering is identical.
  6. The Reclaimer tank cannot fire when it is at 33% or less HP. However, infantry inside can still fire. Its also lacks vehicle regeneration like most mega vehicles have.
  7. The Forgotten Repair power fails to work if a vehicle is moving. Only if it is perfectly still will the power affect the vehicle. Tried it on a moving Reclaimer tank and one that is perfectly still and only the one perfectly still got healed/repaired.
  8. Reclaimer Tank doesn't earn Veterancy. Blew up 15 Avatars, the Montauk, and the entire Nod base, and didn't even earn the first Veterancy.
  9. When you build the Forgotten Airbase, it has a very strange rubber-banding effect with the structure's build animation.
  10. Building the Ion Cannon superpower, gives the Ion Cannon power instantly, allowing firing of it. Then the cooldown starts.
  11. Forgotten Engineers cannot repair damaged Bridges.
  12. Forgotten Engineers cannot capture EMP Buildings. Can capture other buildings just fine.
  13. Forgotten Engineers can capture the Tech Archive. However, there are no special units for Forgotten to build there yet. Also, the icon for the NOD middle-tier unit is missing in the listing of available units to build.

Other bugs:

1. Any map, designed for Tiberium Essence, that adds the Tiberium Fiends to it, are now non-hostile, even if attacked. They also won't attack harvesters if they get too close now. (Though, now that I think of it, I was playing Forgotten on that map, so they may be non-hostile only to Forgotten)
  2. All factions have extreme troubles with a turtling Forgotten player. I was able to hold off, single-handedly, a Brutal Nod Steamroller on Unfair Advantage, when they had both Blue Fields, with a smattering of pillboxes, gun boxes, and tank bunkers. They simply couldn't push through. Pretty fun mind you, but still overpowered.

Edited by: Palanduss

Jan 10 2019 Anchor

Palanduss:
All of them are very well known at TE 2.0 Discord channel.
We must avoid duplicity.
Discord.gg (5 charges invite, unlimited time)

Tho, your bug number 6 is a new, good catch. good work.
See ya at Discord.

Weird, sorry to hear about discord.

Jan 10 2019 Anchor

Ah, well I didn't know of the Discord.

I had thought that the above list was the definitive listing of all bugs.

EDIT: I visited the Discord, but it is bugged for me. I can't scroll up to read previous messages. I've visited other discords before and worked fine, so dunno what is up with that.

Edited by: Palanduss

Jan 12 2019 Anchor

When selling the Forgotten Guard Tower, a GDI Riflemen squad spawns from its wreckage, instead of a Forgotten trooper squad (forgot what they're called).

Also had a crash when my harvester went over the Veinhole monster; don't know if it tried to harvest the vein(s) because I was focused on something else on the battlefield. I know it's the obvious cause because my troops weren't doing anything, nor did I issue any major orders, but EVA announced the "harvester" being under attack, then it jumps immediately to the desktop and crashes.

Have yet to test it out more.

Jan 30 2019 Anchor

Tacitus Archive's Scrin heavy infantry unit is unbuildable, the game always crashes when building it.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.