This Group is for any gamer that loves The Elder Scrolls series
--OUTDATED, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS VERSION, DOWNLOAD THE LATEST VERSION-- This is the same 0.1.4 self-installer but including fixed interface files to resolve the CTD issues related to the new portraits and interface elements. This is for CK2 Version 2.0.1 -ONLY- do not use with Beta Patches or older versions!!
Please make sure you have deleted your previous installation of Elder Kings before installing a new copy, and please make sure you're installing from the correct executable (EK014.1.exe, not EK014.exe).
Also double check to make sure you didn't opt in to the steam beta patch (2.0.2) or that you didn't downgrade to 1.111, neither of these versions are compatible with Elder Kings 0.1.4.
African Portraits DLC is required for 0.1.4 (this requirement will be removed in 0.1.4a)
- [Compatibility] Updated the mod to work with 2.0.1 CK2.
- [Added] Crown Laws and related factions/plots from Project Balance, with alterations to suite Elder Kings.
- [Added] Several decisions related to prisoners from PB (Execute All, Release All)
- [Added] Slavery. This consists of a new Crown Law and a small system tied with it.
- [Added] Slave Rebellions. This is a special type of rebellion that only occurs in realms with the Slavery Allowed law.
- [Added] "Enforce Martial Law" Job action for the Marshal. This is "Assist Arrest" relocalised and given more functionality. The Job Action can now be used not only for it's original vanilla purpose, but also to remove province mods such as Bandits, Thieves, Smugglers, Goblins, etc. It should be noted that it can also remove the normally beneficial "Adventurers" modifier too.
- [Added] Reworked artefact system. Currently only "Mundane" artefacts have been properly reworked, with new icons, effects and supporting framework.
- [Added] New trait icons (Honourable, Dishonourable).
- [Added] Ebonheart Pact and Daggerfall Covenant creation decisions. They differ from existing Empires in that they cannot be anything other than feudal electives, and when they form, joining is optional. (These were really added for the "Alliance War" bookmark that will come later, but might as well add *some* way of forming them through normal play :P ).
- [Added] Hagravens as a female alternative for Briarhearts. Similar conditions to become one (high piety, 50/50 chance of death or hagravens). Also added maintenance stuff to kill any players that try to convert from Hagraven Cults once they become a Hagraven or a Briarheart (:P)
- [Added] New Vampire and Lycanthrope system.*
- [Added] New portraits for the Mer (the older portraits were misproportioned and more difficult to work with for clothing).*
- [Added] New Argonian Portraits (Female, Male and Children).
- [Added] New "Guilds" (Mages Guild, Fighters Guild & Thieves Guild); these are functionally similar to the Varangian Guard in that your child might join a Guild for a few years to gain some experience. They have a chance of increasing their education, gaining stat points or other effects both beneficial and otherwise.
- [Added] Several new titular titles from lore and otherwise (for creating non-dejure Republics and the like).
- [Added] Bloodlines (new flavour traits marking characters as patrilineal descendents from some of Nirn's most famous heroes and dynasties).
- [Added] New Flags (no more placeholders in Cyrodiil, Argonia, Elsweyr or amongst the Mercenaries).*
- [Added] New Minimap, proportionally correct to the Elder Kings world.
- [Added] religious = yes line to many Daedric Artefacts, changing from the artefact's Daedric Prince (for example obtaining the Saviour's Hide and changing from Hircine) will result in the loss of the artefact.
- [Fix] Adopted children not being tagged as children of their adoptive parent.
- [Fix] Some HKs not shifting into Tamriel upon Tamriel's formation.
- [Fix] Duplicate & Misplaced Baronies.
- [Fix] Amulet of Kings Steward Event not firing correctly.
- [Fix] Various position anomalies.
- [Fix] Warlord "Rebels" now function properly.
- [Fix] Court Priest Tend the Wounded & Disease jobs not actually healing.
- [Fix] Dozens more localisation fixes (I'm positive there are still more to find).
- [Fix] Custom Tooltips always reporting fulfilled (this was actually a Paradox fix, but required changing some files).
- [Fix] You can now refuse to buy the puppies for your family.
- [Fix] Numerous other small fixes and tweaks that have been forgotten in the shear amount of work put in to 0.1.4 (sorry :ohmy:).
- [Tweak] Warlord CB now vassalises those of lower ranks than you (Kings will vassalise Dukes, Dukes will vassalise Counts).
- [Tweak] Imperial Conquest now functions correctly.
- [Tweak] Cabals are now permanent until removed (original intention). Court Battlemage (minor title) has an activity allowing them to remove Cabals, the Court Mage job action can also be used to remove them.
- [Tweak] Reman Dynasty has been renamed to the "Dor" dynasty (no more Reman Reman).
- [Tweak] Moved seasonal decisions (Grand Hunt for example) out of nested decisions.
- [Tweak] Made Orgum's religious title a caliphate.
- [Removed] Trade Laws (they had no effects and currently no system to support them).
- [Removed] Loyal, Disloyal and Rebellious traits. The former two were unused, while the later is no longer necessary with the removal of the "hardcoded" long reign bonus.
- [Removed] Several unused religions, specifically the seperated Aedric Cults. Ultimately I felt these were unnecessary and they aren't being used anywhere in the mod.
NOTE: The installer no longer includes the optional music mod to reduce download size. It will be uploaded as a separate download for those that want it in the next couple of days.