This is a group for all ID Tech 4 engine modders. Whether your modding forte is Prey, Doom 3, Quake 4 or all of them, we welcome you. Also, we will accept you no matter your modding skill. Even if changing the clip-size of your weapons seems difficult, then feel free to join up and we'll try and help you with it as best we can. This is a place for ID Tech 4 modders to hang out, chat, help each other out or post their latest work, even if its a very rough alpha they only want fellow modders experimenting with. We may accept people with no mods out if they are willing to learn, or have a WIP. Happy modding, Adam

Forum Thread
Welcome to the ID Tech 4 Modding Forums! (Groups : ID Tech 4 Modders : Forum : Random Chatter : Welcome to the ID Tech 4 Modding Forums!) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 1 2009 Anchor

Hello everyone,

It's Adam here, I'm glad to see you're browsing these forums, please take a moment to post a thread, reply to others or just lurk around if you feel like you have nothing to say. Have fun,

Adam

Apr 8 2009 Anchor

Hi there!
I'm over here :D

Anyone ever wanted to do a co-op mod for Q4 or Prey, I believe especially prey is worth it.
I think somone started a coop for prey, the q4 one is death, anyone has a clue about that ?

Greetings
Chriss

Apr 8 2009 Anchor

Welcome to our small modding community!
It's an honor to have a modder such as yourself among us, I look forward to Ancient Truth greatly.

I have, but I fear I lack the skill it would take to do it. I don't own Prey, and Quake 4 has one, but it is very rough and incomplete. You would also have to think about how you would handle the vehicle sections. Would you make two tanks? Or make a gunner and driver seat?

I am also starting work on an FPS with RTS elements total conversion created from ET: QW. I plan it to be realistic and team-based, hopefully be able to be released for sale when the ID Tech 4 Engine is released under the GPL license.

As well as all this, I am still working on Quake 4 Reborn V2, but progress is slow.

Cheers guys,

Adam

Apr 10 2009 Anchor

Thanks, but I have done very little so far on ID-Tech4, I'm used to a Heavily Modified ID-Tech3 Engine (the ID-Tech4 is very similar in many cases).
And I'm new to TAT so I've not done much yet, I'm sure if it will be released wit will be very impressive, but some more crew would really help us!
DETAILS -> Moddb.com

Someone wrote: To speed up the development process of the mod, our team (Mecanichal Brain Softworks), is seeking for new mebers to expand itself, nationality is not important, just knowing how to write in English at a good level, be imaginative and willing, in particular we are looking for:

• Mappers with discrete knowledge about the level editor Radiant used in Quake 4 and its scripting system;
  • Level designers who know how to map or are able to guide mappers in the making of mod's levels following the directives of the project;
  • Coders (programmers) required knowledge of the syntax of C / C + +, preferably with direct knowledge of the GUIs system used by the Trinity engine (Id Tech 4), but not strictly necessary

I believe games with a story featuring co-op do attract a bigger community and it could save Prey, but I can't do another co-op my self, just to much work for a single modder, besides I really like to focus more on TAT, I think it's worth the work :moddb:.

Apr 10 2009 Anchor

I'd help you with TAT, but I have 3 projects on my plate already.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.