Desura is a community driven digital distribution service for gamers, putting the best games, mods and downloadable content from developers at gamers fingertips, ready to buy and play. Welcome to the official Desura BLOG.

Forum Thread
RED Alert 3 and Mods (Groups : Desura : Forum : Dead : RED Alert 3 and Mods) Locked
Thread Options
Nov 19 2011 Anchor

Red Alert 3 mods won't allow me to play single player maps. I went to my original red alert 3 as well, not going through Desura and I can't even play single player games on it as there are no maps to select. What happened

Nov 20 2011 Anchor

Red alert mods often replace some of the game files to work. If you launch ra3 from desura it will revert the changed files and allow you to play normal mode again.

Nov 21 2011 Anchor

I launched ra3 from desura and it only had a large question mark in place of where the maps are supposed to be. I would not even allow me to play. What next

Apr 1 2012 Anchor

same thing here. tried creating a new profile, like an in game reset, maps got reset but it's only a temporary fix for me.

Jun 25 2012 Anchor

To my knowledge, no Red Alert 3 mods replace any game files, mods install to Documents folder to their own folders without replacing anything, so nothing is changed or reverted or backed up.

If you have problems with the Skirmish mode, you need to create a new profile for the mod to reset statistics and other data that was gathered by RA3 during your previous matches played on vanilla RA3 (or other RA3 mods).

So falken5's solution is not "temporary". It's an actual fix.

Jul 9 2012 Anchor

I can't launch Red Alert 3(Steam Version) with mods from desura. I can launch it from Steam but without downloaded mods. Why?

Jul 9 2012 Anchor

Use this command:
-ui

on Steam shortcut of RA3. You should be able to see RA3 launcher and then go to Game Browser and Mods tab to select a mod.

Jul 9 2012 Anchor

Thanks

May 16 2013 Anchor

i had this same problem . I changed my id to a different name and now I can play the skirmish. Everything doesn't seem to be finished, but there is a lot of stuff in the game that they have displayed. Some of it doesn't work i guess i need to post somewhere else for that info.
thanks, it is a very interesting mod.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.