Welcome to the "CryENGINE 3 Developers" group . The CryENGINE 3 Developers group is all about creating levels, mod, Total modifications, addon's, machinima videos, Indie games, using Sandbox3 for Crysis or using the free standalone CryENGINE 3 SDK tools.

Forum Thread
Poll: What will create with Cryengine 3 (42 votes)
What will you create first with Cryengine 3 ? (Groups : CryENGINE Developers : Forum : General Discussion : What will you create first with Cryengine 3 ?) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 25 2011 Anchor

Im curious what people will create with the Cryengine 3 once its available for either Crysis2 or the free standalone SDK.

Edited by: Duruk

Apr 26 2011 Anchor

I will attempt to port my RPG prototype over from UDK, as this seems better suited for large open worlds :)

Apr 26 2011 Anchor

Hi Phobossion and welcome here.

Do you have any examples screenshots from your RPG ?

s87
s87
Apr 26 2011 Anchor

Will be porting over open Outcast to CE3 and go indie with it. I'm especially looking forward to a better documentation and regular updates/bug fixes for Sandbox 3 and the SDK in general. The artists are totally excited about the new possibilities of CE3 obviously.

@phobossion great! We've also created some custom dialogue and quest system that should be capable to handle more compex stuff as needed by RPGs and such.

Since Duruk requested some pics, here are a few (based on Crysis Wars/CE2):

Oasis 1.2 - Village Oasis 1.2 - Hut Oasis 1.2 - Ruins Oasis 1.2 - Shrine Easter Wallpaper Oasis 1.2 - Water

Edited by: s87

Apr 27 2011 Anchor

@duruk: We are in the technology-demo phase of development, so there isn't really much to "show", because the asset creation process hasn't even started yet (there are some assets ready but nothing put together on a map or something). And the hundreds (maybe thousands) lines of UnrealScript code are not really easy to picture :D I will make sure to post some imagery as soon as we have something to present.

@s87: When we were deciding whether to switch platform over to CE2, openOutast was actually the project that made the final decision for us :) As we are waiting for CE3 SDK now, we are implementing the more general stuff, like the dialog & quest system too (I must admit your posts on Features page of your project inspired me heavily ;))

Apr 30 2011 Anchor

ill create a inde game thats based on my game mass wars

it will be called ashes
Moddb.com

May 1 2011 Anchor

As with Open Outcast, we'll be attempting to port over The Increment - we're just putting a lot of the ground work in terms of assets, and level design at present. We'll hopefully have something ready for the public as soon as we've got the SDK in our grubby mitts, as we should only have to port what we've done, provided there aren't too many drastic differences.

Few examples of the level work:

Border, Church of IrelandNo Russian?

Moddb.com

May 9 2011 Anchor

For the long term, like everyone else, going to transfer over content to ce3. First using Crysis 2, for later use in the the standalone release. Just doing prototype mods (standalone game later). Just making the maps and assets for now, coding later, but most code will probably end up being AI and game-mode. Just need a bit of adjusting to some AI and extra functions.

Other things I'll try out though, importing height-maps of mountains, for a few days of fun, try and push the engines terrain.
Was thinking of making a map from timesplitters 4, after c2 tools are out might see if anyone is interested it collaborating on it.

Am also working on recreating a part of my home town. Its actually all well, just tend to work on it every 2 months or so, when I feel like it, nothing major, all custom stuff, so can be bundled standalone.

Edited by: arieas

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.