Updated version 1.2 (not 1.3 as mentioned in the news article, that was a typo) is out now and will be available on the Downloads tab once it is authorised by the admins. If you don't want to wait, you can get it from aethericgames.com.
Contains minor fixes. If you already have version 1.1, then you don't need to download this unless you want to.
- You are no longer allowed to go downstairs unless you have Boney with you in the first instance. This is to help people out who have not yet realised the importance of Boney at that point.
- At least one player reported that they respawned inside the flashback after death. Added checkpoints and autosaves immediately before and after the flashback to ensure this doesn't happen.
- Changed the end-of-game death-hints and added end credits.
- Tweaked the coffin-bridge puzzle to allow for more variation and possible solutions.
- Changed the default loading screen and added text to the map loading screens.
- Added a "fix" for players who somehow get trapped in the elevators.
- A few very minor tweaks and typos, and one extra tinderbox.
- Fixed bug that caused you to get stuck in the flashback cut-scene in certain circumstances.
If you have played version 1.0 and got stuck at that point, you will unfortunately either need to start your game again or use the saved game file in the folder called "1.1 fix save file". Copy it to your save game folder, e.g.: "C:\Users\\Documents\Amnesia\Trapdoor\". If you have a save that is newer than the fix, you might have to delete them to continue from the fixed point. Sorry for any inconvenience.The fixed save game will put you in the upstairs room with the fire, with Boney in front of you and the last page within reach, just before the cutscene.
- Fixed the batch file and installation instructions so that they now work on both the Steam and "redist" versions. Thanks to prenz and DnALANGE for suggesting the fix.
- Minor updates including: fine tuned the amount of insanity monologue (muttering) and split up voice-over into smaller files and shorter subtitles, based on feedback from DnALANGE; fixed a few broken subtitles and typos here and there.