Hello mod developers!
This news post is here to help you prepare for the upcoming Mod of the Year. The event is shaping up to be our biggest yet and our aim is to get as many visitors as possible playing your mod.
This can be completed by synchronising any awesome news posts, write ups, post mortems, developer diaries or promotional media to be released during the month of December, when the awards will be running. Our editor Dave aka Henley will be the man in charge - promoting all of the mods.
The best way to get votes for your project, is to use the widget or buttons we have made which we will be releasing on the 1st of December (so no-one gets an unfair advantage). Using these buttons you can encourage your fans to vote by placing them on your homepage, twitter, facebook etc. We also recommend you post content on ModDB (as we suggested above).
Here is our projected timeline for the MOTY this year. These dates might change at a short notice but generally this is what you should be following:
- 1st December: Mod of the Year Begins
- 1st December: Voting Booths Open (phase one)
- 4th December: Year in Review Day one
- 5th December: Year in Review Day two
- 6th December: Year in Review Day three
- 7th December: Year in Review Day four
- 10th December: Voting Booths Close (phase one)
- 10th December: Top 100 Voting Opens (phase two)
- 15th December: Contest write up (mid-way)
- 20th December: Booth Close (phase two)
- 24th December: Editor's Choice Award (MOTY/IOTY)
- 25th December: Players Choice Award (MOTY/IOTY)
- 26th December: Boxing day closing thoughts (MOTY/IOTY)
You may have noticed that phase one and two are shorter this year. We are experimenting with a much more condensed and intense event, so make sure you are prepared as December 1st is when it all begins (please keep this a secret until then)!
Thanks for modding!
The ModDB Team
Dave and Scott