Zandronum is a free open-source advanced multiplayer sourceport capable of running various games such as Doom, Doom II, Final Doom, Heretic, Hexen, and as well as others online. It originated from Skulltag, which was based on ZDoom and its counterpart, GZDoom.
Zandronum 1.2.2 Compatible version. For now 1.34 is working and should continue to work for the most basic features.
Newest version: Moddb.com
Ammo Fix: Moddb.com
Version 1.34 Zandronum 1.2.2 Compatible PK3
-- SOME FEATURES --
• Color reactive Health, Armor, and Ammo levels - Numbers change colors at certain levels.
• Bottom left display pulses orange below 50% Health, flashes red below 25% Health.
• Simulated ECG (think Resident Evil) by health bar, changes at 50, 25, and 0.
• Built-in Flashlight. Lights up dark areas, but alerts enemy to your presence. Use wisely!
• Note: Only for GZDoom. Flashlight will not function with ZDoom.
• Optional Armor drain when using Flashlight.
• Weapon name displays above ammo display.
• If weapon dual wield is available, visor will display "DUAL" underneath Weapon name.
• Weapon list display.
• Toggleable Radar. Show all all detected movement within your radius.
• Radar will show all lower tier monsters position above or below relative to player.
• Monsters with 1000 or more health will show up as gold.
• Note: Larger maps can cause a performance hit with the radar. If you experience performance issues when using radar, simply toggle it off.
• Ammo display flashes red when reserve ammo is below 20% capacity.
• Ammo display blanks out when using melee attacks.
• Optional Reserve Ammo display on right side of display.
• Audible and On-Screen AI Warnings when Health is Critical, Armor is Zero, Ammo is Critical, and Ammo is Empty.
• Mods that use Hand Grenades will show a Grenade counter on the bottom right display.
• Support for inventory. Will show on Automap screen by default.
• Berserk Strength indicator - UAC logo in bottom left of visor will pulse slowly to indicate you are under the effects of Berserk Strength.
• Reactive armor damage. Helmet shows persistent damage at 80, 60, 40, 20, and 0 armor. Armor above 80 shows a clear visor.
• Mugshot display in bottom left of Visor.
• Mugshot display will show "malfunction" and flicker at 60 armor or below. Shows clear consistent display above 60 armor.
• Mugshot display is "broken" at 10 or lower armor. Shows only static, then completely gone at 0 armor.
• Mugshot displays "fatigued" if health critical and bleeding, "energized" if over 180 health. (if enabled or on UDV - Hardcore Difficulty)
• Level Stats display in top left of Visor.
• Engagement Time (level time) in top middle of Visor. (Great for Speedrunners!)
• Combat Recorder (Autosave) mode. Allows user to autosave every 1-10 minutes. Countdown next autosave in bottom right of Visor. Disabled by default, available in DoomVisor HUD Options.
• Unknown/Unsupported weapons and their ammo will show in the counter area, but will not be color reactive.
• Ability to darken the default lighting levels in WAD from UDV Menu. Choose between dark, darker, and pitch black levels. Great with the flashlight!
• Many crosshair choices.
• Custom menu option in Options -> Ultimate DoomVisor HUD.
• MANY Toggle options, for almost any setting.
• All Menus and Messages are in DoomVisor font! More immersion means more fun!
• Optional harder difficulties option. (Including Realistic Aim and Critical Bleeding)
• Optional add-ins included for Light Amplification Goggles and Radiation Suit. Carry two of each and use at any time.
• Allows Light Amp Goggles to be turned on or off at will, and also dropped when partially used.
• Allows Radiation Suit to be turned on or off at will, and also dropped when partially used.
• Radiation suit now HEV suit and now partially protects against fire, ice, and electricity as well as nullifies acid and poision.
• 2 second delay when toggling the HEV suit, for balance and realism.
• Optional lower resolution pk3 included for faster performance at the cost of a bit of visual prettiness.
• Optional pk3 to remove DoomVisor font in menus.
• Optional Alternate Graphics for Doomguy and Visor! (Thanks Lightsource!)
I am far from a hardcore coder, so it might not be perfect, and without NC Hud for scripting, and 2800fps from reddit with his DoomVisor graphics it would not exist. Hope you like it! Let me know if you have ideas for changing/adding anything.
Thank you to SGT_MARK_IV, Quaker540, PA1NKI113R, 2800fps from reddit, and everyone else who's mod has something to do with this. Without your awesomeness, I wouldn't have made this.
The biggest feature I want to expand on currently is more levels of damage. If anyone has the artistic talent to create more damage I can integrate into the graphics, PLEASE let me know.
Thank you all so much, and Stay Brutal!