Warzone 2100 is a real-time action and strategy game set on earth in the 21st century. Upon entering the postnuclear world of Warzone 2100, you establish your base. Here you conduct research, design and manufacture vehicles, build new structures, and prepare your plans of global conquest. Each campaign features a large campaign map and six or more sub-maps. As key objectives are reached on the campaign map, missions are activated on the sub-maps. These missions are varied and feature everything from hit-and-run attacks to holding territory. The combat is fast and frantic with amazing effects and a true 3-D world with rotatable and zoomable cameras. Weapons range from bullets and lasers to explosive weapons that blast large areas of the highly detailed 3-D battlefield.
Hello all, We just released 2.1.3 as well as the first beta version of 2.2. Highlights for 2.1.3: Fix vital network play issues, fix some crashes, new map . For full information, check change log. Highlights for 2.2: Full-motion campaign video support, faster path-finding, improved minimap, rebalancing. Full information at change log. Builds will be made available at the download page as they become available.
Posted by coolkid87 on Apr 29th, 2009
We released 2.1.3
Highlights for 2.1.3: Fix vital network play issues, fix some crashes, new map . For full information, check change log.
for 2.2: Full-motion campaign video support, faster path-finding,
improved minimap, re-balancing. Full information at change log.
Builds will be made available at the download page as they become available.
change log since last update
2009-04-01: Version 2.1.3
* Fix: Fixed issue that prevented information about enemy research to be shared between hosts. (r6915)
* Fix: Fixed crashes in netlog code, path-finding, pregame chat, and burning scavengers (r6899, r6898, r6878, r6857)
* Fix: Players no longer drop from game after too much data has been sent, usually happens in long games (r6890)
* New: New map 4c-Urban-Chaos (r6827)
* Fix: Water tiles on little egypt map fixed (r6825, bug #9658)
2009-03-07: Version 2.1.2
* Fix: No longer crash if more than six players join a game (r6658, ticket:273)
* Fix: Fix crash when too many maps are available (r6742)
* Fix: Some other crash bugs may have been prevented (r6688, r6629, r6596, r6762, r6746, r6744)
* Fix: When sound isn't enabled (at runtime, unrelated to --disable-sound, e.g. when no sound device is available) do not attempt to set up an AUDIO_STREAM
* Fix: If the target system to run on already provides strlcpy and/or strlcat, check whether they work as expected, and if they do, use them instead (r6556, r6557)
* Change: Allow compiling without OpenAL and Vorbis when compiling with --disable-sound
2009-01-11: Version 2.1.1
* Fix: Double endian swapping bug that caused loading of save games to go wrong on big endian systems, e.g. PowerPC (ticket:96, ticket:127, ticket:177)
* Change: Updated Dutch translation (49%)
Other news the next warzone 2100 release should include the original fmv's (full motion videos)
also fell free to join warzone 2100 steam group Steamcommunity.com