It's been a long while since I've had to do an update on VHEL's Mod DB page. As many of you can see, we've revamped the front page (a big thanks goes out to the Overgrowth team for the help), and we're in the process of posting up nearly everything going in development. This includes screens of in-game stuff, a ton of new art, snippets from the storyline script itself, and best of all, actual gameplay. It'll take a minute to get everything up, but everything will come in due time.
In addition to all this, there will be regular VHEL updates on Mod DB every friday. In this way, development is pushed to the forefront for the community to get involved in.
Now, moving on to the good stuff, here's what's been up lately:
- A large amount of time recently has been spent on planning and coding diagrams. Why? Because there's a lot of content to be organized and blindly organizing everything will never do.
- Several changes and additions have been added into the game. This includes a new game mode called "Conquest", a bestirary option, 3 difficulty settings: Novice, Acolyte, and Demon, a new and improved version of Trade & Value, a new item management system called "Juncition", and a new mini game that will go hand in hand with Juncition and Trade & Value (will be dicussed later).
- I've secretly been working on a new game that will "hopefully" be ready as a demo once VHEL has gone golden. Ideally, I'd like this demo to be accompanied with VHEL as a bonus. The new game will likely use whatever tech VHEL has before we make a more formal shift to reinvent new tech for future games. Hopefully, it, like VHEL, will impress. =D
- Auditioning for character roles have been going on for the past month now. I've recieved several auditions, but I've yet to make any formal decisions on who will be the final vo crew. This process will continue on into late spring. Most of the vo should be done before next fall.
- There will be two kinds of testing: closed Alpha and open Beta. I don't have a clue when neither will take place behind all this new planning stuff we're going through, but I'm pretty sure the Alpha test will be in the Spring. =P
More news on the way. Keep watching!