The Platform Shooter development has been progressing a bit slowly but steadily and it is now time for a new alpha release.
The most visible changes in this release are changes in platform and elevator behavior, added sentry guns and a two new single player levels. The mouse control has been greatly improved. It is still off by default, so you'll need to enable it from settings menu (Settings->System settings->Mouse controller). Keyboard controls have also been slightly changed for more intuitive control with mouse (similar to classic WASD keys).
Here is a list of changes since 0.2.1 alpha release:
- Made platforms callable and removed continuous movement.
- Added sentry gun entity.
- Added two more single player levels.
- Improved mouse control with visible cursor (still disabled by default).
- Changed left hand keyboard controls for more natural movement with mouse aiming.
- Changed line of sight tests to show enemies behind player's back.
- Fixed missing pick up sound for power cells.
- More accurate line-of-sight tests in AI target finding.
- Fixed random crashes when e.g. shooting barrel with a shotgun.
- Removed background console window opening in Windows.
- Process is now properly terminated in Windows when the game window is closed.
- Fixed weapons not getting hidden on player death in multiplayer game.
- Added small delay to guard AI target detection to simulate reaction time.
- Guards now reload their weapon while waiting for lost target to reappear.
- Made grenades to bounce less and explode a little faster.
- Fixed guards falling off ledges while retreating.
- Minor human animation improvements.
- Fixed some level properties not getting reset to defaults for new levels in editor.
How does it look?
I have uploaded three new screenshots showing the new single player levels and some of the new features: