An infamous RTS game created by LucasArts, it was largly based off of Age of Empires, and was considered the better Star Wars RTS of the time (Others bieng Rebellion and Force Commander). Despite its age and aged appearence, it still has a small but loyal following at Heaven Games, which hosts a vault of tools which make modding the game a rather simple task.
the modding tools for SWGB contains: - Mod editor - DRS viewer - Mod installer - Ocx Files (required to mod)
I did not made these .exe files
I'm just sharing
to make your first mod:
- copy the files from the ocx folder to your "C:\WINDOWS\system32\" folder
- open "DRS viewer.exe" and click "file / open"
- click: "...\LucasArts\Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds Saga\Game\Data\GRAPHICS.DRS"
- search the image you want to edit and click: Extract / extract this file ...
- now open "Modeditor.exe" and click "File / new"
- save your project and click "Add new"
- open the file you just extracted
- click convert to SLX
- edit the image files
- when done click Convert to SLP
- save the project
- add a file named "Readme.txt" in the mod folder
- click "Project / Compile as MPI"
- save the MPI file
- open the ModInstaller.exe
- click "Open mod"