Spore modding has started of very slowly compared to other games, however Void at Sporemods has released a modding program for spore, in collaboration with others, called SporeMaster. Even though it is only a beta release (may still have some bugs in the program so watch out and report them in this thread ) it is looking to be a promising spore modding tool with many unique features.
- Streamlined unpacking and packing of .package files, with automatic conversion of .prop files to and from .xml. files.xml is no longer necessary.
- XML files are more user-friendly than in previous mod tools, using names instead of hashes where possible.
- Full text indexing of .xml and .locale files in the unpacked package, to permit very fast incremental search.
- Side-by-side comparison of file tree in Spore and the mod under development. One-click execution of WinMerge to see and edit changes in an individual file.
- Built in syntax highlighting editor.
- Tools for guessing the original names for hashes and for creating friendly aliases for hashes that can’t be guessed (or that were randomly generated by EA).
- Expanded list of group and instance hashes