Void at Sporemods has released a modding program for spore, in collaboration with others, called SporeMaster. Even though it is only a beta release it is the most promising spore modding tool to date, with many unique features.
Posted by BalLightning on Dec 2nd, 2008
Spore modding has started of very slowly compared to other games, however Void at Sporemods has released a modding program for spore, in collaboration with others, called SporeMaster. Even though it is only a beta release (may still have some bugs in the program so watch out and report them in this thread ) it is looking to be a promising spore modding tool with many unique features.
- Streamlined unpacking and packing of .package files, with automatic conversion of .prop files to and from .xml. files.xml is no longer necessary.
- XML files are more user-friendly than in previous mod tools, using names instead of hashes where possible.
- Full text indexing of .xml and .locale files in the unpacked package, to permit very fast incremental search.
- Side-by-side comparison of file tree in Spore and the mod under development. One-click execution of WinMerge to see and edit changes in an individual file.
- Built in syntax highlighting editor.
- Tools for guessing the original names for hashes and for creating friendly aliases for hashes that can’t be guessed (or that were randomly generated by EA).
- Expanded list of group and instance hashes
Download: Moddb or MediaFire
.Net FrameWork (Required if you dont have it): download
For full instructions and screenshots head over to SPOREDUM!