Spocean is a FREE team-based, galleon-crewing multiplayer game for PC. Features include: - 18th century style naval warfare from afirst person, crew perspective. - Team-based multiplayer gameplay. - Seamless combination of fleet tactics with ship management and boarding combat. - Immersive "woodpunk" setting. Spocean provides a refreshing new kind of multiplayer gameplay: Teams choose and board their chosen fleet of ships at the start of a match, maneuver and pummel enemy with cannon shot , and board when they have the advantage. The first team to control all of the ships wins!

Forum Thread
[Build 14] Bug List (Games : Spocean : Forum : Bugs : [Build 14] Bug List) Locked
Thread Options
Feb 2 2013 Anchor

- Today we peaked at around 10-12 players, and players were having connection issues, but apparently you guys already know of this. Some players were not spawning on ships and would instead stay on the docks while some players would actually appear in ships. This would cause empty ships to spawn.

- Some players would spawn with black screens or an extremely small field of view, with the rest of the screen black. So far the only fix we could find for it is to rejoin the server.

- Healing sometimes sputtered out, not fully healing or hardly healing at all.

- Spawning in a match when there is 1 player or less will still cause you to spawn incapacitated, disallowing you to do anything until the match is over or more allies join.

- One of the players fell through the map on round restart.

- Strange lightning/Coloring when resolution was set to native size(1600x900) in windowed. Picture showing it: I.imgur.com

Edited by: Boxpipe

Feb 2 2013 Anchor

Many thanks!

Duly noted, I've got my work cut out for me next week. The healing issue you mentioned is actually a poorly communicated/wip feature. Basically what happens is that a player can only be healed to the percentage of the ship's cumulative health. So if an entire side is completely shot up, for example, the player is only able to be healed up to half. What's more, if they're current health is more than the ship's, it will slowly decrease until it has matched the ship's health. I added this system to discourage turtling for boarding combat (hanging out on the safe half of the ship and waiting for the attackers). It ensures that there's a personal penalty for allowing your current ship to take damage. It definitely does look like a bug right now, though.

Feb 2 2013 Anchor

Alehr wrote: -snip-

We literally figured that out right before reading this, and it made perfect sense after doing so. :thumbup:

A couple more bugs:

- Sometimes the Captain is unable to leave the ships wheel unless damaged from cannon fire or boarded.

- When returning from an Alt-Tab the mouse will not be "snapped" to the in-game aiming sight.
(Might be because the game hasn't fully come back into "focus")

- D-synced health bars, Players can move around the ship appearing to have full health but actually be crawling around needing help, and/or vice-versa.

Feb 2 2013 Anchor

These connection/de-synchronization bugs are definitely going to be keeping me up at night. Do you know if there only a few players experiencing them, or were they commonplace all around?

Feb 2 2013 Anchor

Alehr wrote: These connection/de-synchronization bugs are definitely going to be keeping me up at night. Do you know if there only a few players experiencing them, or were they commonplace all around?

Not sure but Me, Boxpipe, and a couple others on our mumble all had the issue. It doesn't happen all the time, i think there were about 5 or so online, and usually a re-log solves them.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.