Spacebit 0.7.5 Stable Desura Release
Long time no see! Its been a while since we uploaded a news post based on the latest release on Desura so its about time we get up to date and release one :) We found an artist to create the enviroment, ground, characters etc... so soon you will see spacebit in top-notch visual goodness!
We are also available on Indievania Indievania.com for $5.99 as a special 40% off which includes the Spacebit Updater for constant earlier updates.
Spacebit has also been uploaded to Steam GreenLight. Check it out over here: Steamcommunity.com
Any support and friendly comments you could give us over there would really be awesome and much welcomed! We really also reccomend to check out the many other games on there if you haven't already, almost every single one of them deserves your support in my opinion!
The Spacebit website has been completely reworked, including a new forum which can be found at www.belusia.com
Visuals!! our main focus at the moment is improving graphical quality, completing the new environment art, improving particle quality, effects etc.
Tips and Hints
Playing this stable version is very different from the current version on Desura. That's why we have the Tips and Hints section to help you with some of the things that changed in the game you would not have known prior to this massive update!
- All attacks have a knockback now
- To open inventory, character sheet or creation menu, press ESC and click on one of the 3 buttons at the bottom left
- Spaceship creation has been disabled while we are changing core of the map loading system
- You have a map editor with which you can create your own maps
- Top level has been changed to 5
- You lose items if you die
- To save character press ESC and click save character
Team and Development News
We have found a new 2D artist and will have more news of him during this week. Bert, our music composer has been working hard on new media for the background and main menu. Bram has been working hard on the menu art as well as the trailer/intro. Jeno has been busy working hard on the item icons, check the new art out in the compilation image!
And i've also been working on a side project we called Arena. Check it out over here: Moddb.com Ben has been programming multiplayer and is right now focusing on liquids once again. He is concentrating all his awesome brain power on improving quality of everything like liquid and improving performance to allow for more unique and interesting liquid related things.
Full Change Log
Spacebit Version 0.75
- New main menu art
- Added the new main menu music
Spacebit Version 0.73
- Improved tile texture sizes from 32by32 to 64by64 which means double the quality and no apparent decrease in fps.
- You now open inventory, character sheet and creation menus at the bottom left of the screen
- Press esc and click save character to save
- Map Editor tile viewport increased from 10by10 tiles to 50by50tiles
- Added many more item icons
- Fixed allot of gameplay issues
- Removed music for the time being as we are changing the options menu
Spacebit Version 0.72
- Fixed Melee
- Improved ESC Menu for inventory, Creation, Character
- Added 2 new object types (trees)
- Increased Editors viewport tiles
- Added couple new item icons
Spacebit Version 0.71
- Changed the options menu save log
- Gameplay screen does not shake when moving anymore
- Fixed issue with inventory not working properly
- Added many new item icons
Spacebit Version 0.70
- Changed the save log once more i changed how items were saved
- Fixed a issue with the game having problems starting
- Inventory size is now based on level
- Changed the Gameplay Interface to take up less room
- Added option for text to have different colours
- Maximum level is now level 5
- New type of monster spawns at every new level
- Making changes to screen resolution still working on a better solution
- Renamed tileGenerator to the correct name "World Editor"
- World Editor should now properly start up
Spacebit Version 0.69
- Saves characters correctly
- Fixed a bug with battery not saving
- When you die at night you respawn during daytime with random items lost as a penalty
- Changed font to easier to read font
- Floating text has been re-done and works allot better then before
Spacebit Version 0.68
- Re-Designed how maps load and save ingame
- Added the Map Editor
- Mining lazers now have cycle's and Extraction mechanics
- Main menu is completly re-done
- Added 3 Languages 2 more plan to be added "Please contact us if you wish to translate a language"
- Re-worked lighting for the time being
- Added many new materials and items
- And many bug fix's
Spacebit Version 0.60
- Fixed Resolution 1920 by 1080 problem!
- Screen is resized based on resolution so all screens no matter the resolution look the same
- When a light is not onscreen its removed this improves performance a little but lights still drain performance
- Added new item drop sound
Spacebit Version 0.58
- Further problems which 0.56 had have been fixed
- Added new effect sounds and weather sounds
- Resolution 1920 x 1080 has been fixed
Spacebit Version 0.57
- Fixed a lot of problems cuassing game to crash