Sovereign is a hunting and survival game designed to be a relaxing experience. Similar to real life sport hunting the challenge in Sovereign comes from actually hitting your target. Difficulty is left to the game player in that you can walk up and smack your target with an arrow at close range, but it's more challenging and rewarding to take your time and nail that target from a good distance. The choice is yours. Sovereign also adds the additional element of survival and inventory management. You must keep yourself alive by collecting food from the animals that you kill and retrieve items such as wood to create new arrows so the hunt can continue. Sovereign is an enjoyable game to work on so I expect to continue development of this game by adding additional environments, animals and features as time progresses so check back!
Sovereign version 1.1 is now available for download. Version 1.1 includes new graphics, animals and functionality.
Posted by 133.7 on Sep 10th, 2012
Development of Sovereign continues with the release of version 1.1. This update includes additional animals, functionality and some resource balancing. See below for a list of updated and new elements.
- One new environment, The Oasis.
- Two new species to hunt, the smard and reemen.
- One new collectible item, antidote can be collected from male reemen and is used to cure a toxin emitted from female reemen.
- New sky textures.
- Modifications to resource yields.
- New slider graphics that more appropriately match the GUI color scheme.
- The escape key can now be used to exit container screens.
- Mouse sensitivity setting now present in the control options menu.
- Items can now be discarded from your satchel via the inventory screen.
- The control options menu no longer shifts position while editing key configurations.