Today I mostly spent time on polishing up some particles and adding in new stock art for the forest scene. One of the biggest complaints I was getting was that the art assets I was using for the forest were not very appealing. The new assets should fix that, but I had to contact the artist regarding them because of a lot of issues with lighting. Oh ya, I also added in better lighting and turned on the shadows. =)
( 2013/03/23 Sa )
6 hrs. Today( 522 Total)
- Migrated more code away from PoolManager and into separate classes.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the game to crash on exit.
- Lots of code cleanup in various places.
- Restructured the way some special effects are dealt with.
- Imported a premade forest scene for testing.
- Changed lighting to allow for shadows.
- Changed lighting to allow for characters and environment to have different lighting values. This is because characters required more lighting than environment.
- Fixed an issue with the camera following too far behind the player.
- Continued to work on the Kickstarter draft.
- Exchanged several emails with composer about the Soul Saga theme song.
- Communicated with potential animators.
- Invested in a forest themed stock art pack.
- The shield now shows a special effect when activated.
- Changed the special effect for using health orbs to a green spiral (was pink hearts).
- The level up special effect now shows a bright yellow light engulfing the actor (previously was a cartoon star).