Back on track and checking off the to do list! Enemy cast times and spell delays added today.
It sure feels good to be back on track! I was able to cross off everything that I wanted to get done today. Projectile skills now have casting times for enemies, causing a delay in their attack; there is a casting bar below the enemies to show this delay; and AoE skills show a "warning" graphic on the ground for half a second before the AoE gets off.
These changes make Soul Saga much more fun since you have a chance to react to your opponent's skills to block, dodge, or interrupt them.
Next I will polish up the casting delays by having the AI shoot the projectile in the direction of the player if they have moved. I will then start working on the active dodge mechanic.
( 2013/03/21 Th )
15 hrs. Today ( 503 Total)
- Cleaned up code in various places.
- Fixed several memory leaks in the particle pooling system, most caused by the previous upgrade to Unity 4.1.
- Started implementing more code in preparation of the options menu related to sound.
- Started changing the pooling system to remove certain classes from the central manager and instead have these specific classes deal with their own pooling.
- Project Management
- Gave feedback on illustration drafts received this morning.
- Communicated with potential animators.
- Got response from NGUI developer that he will look at the problem after GDC.
- Public Relations
- Posted replies on IndieDB and Facebook.
- Posted some helpful replies on Unity Answers to other developers.
- Added particle and sound effect to the skill enhance passive skill.
- When enemies cast an AoE skill, a "warning" rune is displayed on the ground for half a second, and then the skill is triggered.
- Fixed a bug where AoE skills were not increasing their damage from the passive skill "Skill" Enhance".
- Sound effects are now all 3D.
- This means that sounds get softer the further they are from the player's character.
- User Interface
- Skill Icons representing skills with counters will now show the remaining counters until activation similar to a time based cooldown.
- Fixed some graphical bugs related to previously updating NGUI.