Savage 2: A Tortured Soul takes the best of the FPS, RTS, and RPG genres and blends them seamlessly into an extremely addictive and complex experience. Anyone who's seen the game in action knows that each match is full of possibilities for epic moments and amazing displays of skill and strategy. Take the reigns as your team's commander from an overhead RTS perspective with superior strategic insight -- or join them on the field from a mixed action RPG and FPS view with a wide array of powerful classes and carve your path to victory.
Changelog covering Savage 2 version 2.1 (released on 07/02/2009).
Posted by S2Mercenary on Jul 21st, 2009
Block Meter Changes:
- There is now a 250ms (1/4 of a second) delay before blocking starts to drain the block meter).
- The block meter degenerates faster the longer it is held (increases by 6 units/second per second). For reference, a Savage has a 75-unit block meter).
- When your block meter is empty (resulting in a stun), the delay before it starts to regenerate again has been reduced to 1 second (down from 2 seconds).
- There is no-longer a delay after holding the block key before the block meter begins to regenerate (there was a 1-second delay).
- Block's initial degeneration rate is now 4 units/second, down from 5 units/second.
- It is no-longer possible to charge when you are stunned due to your block meter being empty.
- The default regeneration rate of the block meter has been reduced to 6 units/second, down from 12 units/second.
- Successfully blocking an enemy player now increases your block meter regeneration rate for 1.5 seconds. This effect stacks. (Block meter regeneration does NOT occur while blocking).
Melee Damage Changes:
- Chaplain's melee damage has been changed to 32-42, 36-46, 85-95 (was 41-46, 41-46, 62-71)
- Builder's melee damage has been changed to 61-71, 75-85, 110-120 (was 66-75, 66-75, 104-110)
- Scout's melee damage has been changed to 40-50, 45-55, 63-73, 105-115 (was 55-61, 55-61, 55-61, 83-94)
- Savage's melee attack damage has been changed to 59-69, 80-90, 135-145 (was 75-85, 75-85, 110-120)
- Legionnaire's melee attack damage has been changed to 55-65, 63-73, 130-140 (was 66-75, 66-75, 100-113)
- Shaman's melee damage has been changed to 45-55, 60-70, 90-100 (was 55-63, 55-63, 85-97)
- Conjurer's melee damage has been changed to 50-60, 73-83, 135-145 (was 68-77, 68-77, 110-121)
- Shapeshifter's melee damage has been changed to 33-43, 40-50, 45-55, 110-120 (was 45-57, 45-57, 45-57, 66-77)
- Hunter's melee damage has been changed to 55-65, 65-75, 125-135 (was 74-82, 74-82, 98-110)
- Hunter's melee attack full attack time has been changed to 722, 722, 1000 (was 722, 722, 1235). [Reduces the delay after the last swing before the hunter can take another non-movement action.]
- Predator's melee damage has been changed to 50-60, 75-85, 150-160 (was 71-89, 71-89, 106-129)
- Revenant's melee damage has been changed to 68-72, 73-78, 120-135 (was 70-80, 70-80, 115-130)
- Devourer's melee attack damage has been changed to 75-85, 85-95, 135-140 (was 80-90, 85-98, 122-138)
* Movement speed while holding the crossbow is now 95% - down from 100%.
* Poisonous venus' area of effect poison debuff now lasts 4 seconds (up from 2).
* Poisonus venus' area of effect poison debuff's application radius has been increased to 150 units (up from 80).
* Static discharge mana cost when damaging targets reduced to 35/second (down from 40/second).
* Static discharge mana cost when not damaging targets (misses) reduced to 20/second (down from 25/second).
* Movement speed while static discharge is selected increased to 95% (up from 85%).
* Sacrifice duration reduced to 18 seconds from 22.
* Sacrifice reduces the shapeshifter's stamina regeneration rate to 75% (up from 50%).
* Static discharge's debuff now deals 3 damage over 1 second (up from 2).
* In addition to the damage dealt, static discharge's debuff slows enemy movement speed by 10% for 1 second.
* Venomous activation cost reduced to 25 from 30.
* Venomous mana cost per second to 4 from 5.
* Venomous now deals 2 damage per second over 5.5 seconds (down from 3 damage/second).
* Glide strike cooldown reduced to 13 seconds from 15.
* Wing spin mana cost reduced to 110 mana from 120 mana.
* Wing spin's damage per hit reduced to 65 from 70.
* Wing spin now hits every 450ms (down from 500ms) - a total of 6 times over 3 seconds, instead of 5 over 3 seconds.
* Shockwave maximum range increased from 500 to 550.
* Shockwave minimum range reduced from 100 to 50.
* Now benefits from attribute points.
* Armor reduced to 7 from 8.
* Mana regeneration rate reduced to 4 from 5.
* Total block meter reduced to 100 from 125.
* Total health reduced to 550 from 650.
* Scorch mana cost increased to 12 from 8.
* Scorch burn damage duration increased to 10 seconds (was 8 seconds).
* Atrophy cooldown reduced to 25 seconds from 30.
* Atrophy mana cost increased to 125 mana from 100.
* Defile cooldown reduced to 40 seconds from 45.
* Defile mana cost increased to 115 mana from 100.
* Mortification mana cost increased to 70 mana from 60.
* Tephra wave cast time reduced from 2.0 seconds to 0.9 seconds.
* Tepha wave no-longer freezes the malphas in place during casting.
* Tepha wave now pushes enemies slightly up and away.
* Total health reduced to 900 from 1050.
* Eruption stun time reduced from 2.5 seconds to 1.75 seconds.
- Mana shrine maximum items per stack increased to 2 from 1.
- Health shrine maximum items per stack reduced to 2 from 10.
- Health shrine maximum carryable stacks reduced to 1 from 10.
- Savior's valor cost reduced to 175 from 200.
- Savior's valor maximum items per stack increased to 2 from 1.
- Updated descriptions for major and minor health potions.
- Added an indicator for the total gold carried by all teammates in the commander's team manager panel. (Thanks, Wiwiweb!).
* Fixed a couple of places near the scars where players could get stuck.
* Fixed a couple of spots near the scars where players could place spawn portals inside walls.
* Cleaned up blockers around the bridge to make it much harder to fall into the water.
* Greened up the map a bit more.
* Fixed some missing textures.
* Cleaned up some of the texturing on the outer mountains.
* Cleaned up a spot where players could get stuck.
* Pulled in the blockers to reduce wallriding.
- Consume corpse's buff now has an icon.
- Static discharge's debuff now has an icon.
- Gut launcher's debuff now has an icon.
- Shield of Sol's buff now has an icon and timer.
- Players can now decline rating their commander.
- Revenant's scorch now has a third person fire animation. Cast sound has been slightly tweaked.
- Hunters now have a functioning exhausted animation.
- Hunters should no-longer play the 'place sentry bat' animation when receiving a soul.
- Fixed a few beast voice commands.