It is the year 2287, one of the first colony ships sent out by Earth arrives at the planet Maria, in the Epsilon Indi Star System. During its landing sequence, something appears in front of the massive ship that causes it to lose control and crash into the planet. Some of the colonists survive in lifeboats, but what they find is an unforgiving land filled with creatures ready to outlast the visitors from Earth. Now the survivors must explore, gather, build, create, fight, and ultimately, conquer the land.
We release 0.31 due to the many bugs found in the missions of alpha 0.3. We also tweaked a few small things that make playing easier.
Posted by zede05 on Sep 29th, 2012
In 0.31, players can now dig and chop trees by just holding down the left mouse button. Players can also find beds in the game. The beds allow players to sleep until morning. Also fixed are the monster disappearing problems.
You can download the new version in the downloads section.
We're looking to release 0.4 at the end of November. The change list for that build will be:
- more balancing
- procedural adventure map single player
- procedural adventure map multiplayer
- cave systems single player
- a new procedural planting system
- more forest area
- some forest creatures (will post some concepts soon)
- first person mode tweaking
- more efficient UI system, the current Unity one is pretty laggy
- we might trim the world down to 16*16km from 24*24km, a lot of people are complaining that missions targets are way too far