Pimps vs Vamps was initially developed in 7 days for F*ck this Jam. After a couple of months on working on other projects, me and Thomas (the artist and sound designer) decided to finish the game.
Bug fixes in v0.1.4
- Fixed mouse bug which caused crosshair to be hidden bellow screen at game start up.
- Fixed shadowcasting bug which rendered shadows on the first rows and colums, even when there weren't objects obstructing the view.
- Fixed player spawn bug that caused the game to freeze if the player spawned outside the map borders
- Fixed crash caused by pathfinding returning NIL (no possible paths).
New additions in v0.1.4:
- The game level is now procedurally generated when the game starts.
- Added support for Mouse only play mode. The player can now fully play the game with the mouse, by switching between moving and shooting using the scroll wheel.
- Enemy movement is now tweened between tiles. Instead of appearing to destination, they now slide towards it.
W.I.P for v0.1.5:
- Integrating the new weapon modules, which allows the generation of weapons with different stats.
- Implementing two new weapons that the player can pick up during Action Phase (a gun that teleports the player where he is pointing, and another that can obstruct passage.