No One Lives Forever is to be a fast-paced, story-driven first-person shooter that delivers over-the-top action, outrageous villains, and wry humor in the tradition of the great 1960’s Bond films. You play Cate Archer an undercover operative for MI-Zero. Your mission is to arrange for the defection of a prominent East German biophysicist that goes by the name of Otto Dentz. However things go wrong when a terrorist group known as the HARM abducts Dentz during a flight to England.
I finally played this for the first time in 2017. I'm a big fan of retrogaming so it's not a problem. I'm a fan of James Bond movies, of Goldeneye 64 and of Deus Ex, which both have a good amount of similarities with NOLF. I have to say I've been disappointed...
Particularly good points:
- lots of weapons and gadgets found throughout the game.
- being able to chose stealth or action.
- high variety of locations. Very Bond-ish.
- quite good duration (well, chosing the stealth route particularly).
- stealth mechanics are very flawed, even for a game that was out in 2000.
- physics are flawed too. Solid invisible parts of items that stops shots, enemies shooting at you through walls...
- poor humor all over the very (too) long cutscenes. "He so fat lol", "he so stupid lmao", "she can't sing bwhahaha"... I definitely didn't recognize the announced James Bond-like humor, except when going for a mocking attitude, which always gets ridiculously punished by not getting bonus items that an obedient attitude will provide.
not much to say but it was a great game, its a game that you should play,
and you should play one before you play two,
A timeless classic without a doubt. Embarking on a mission against time stop the organization known as H.A.R.M. from taking over the world unravels a twisting, turning and engrossing story from the perspective of the heroine - Cate Archer. The general spy nature of the game and the ability to play almost every level as a traditional spy or an absolute nut-case shooting and blowing everything up gives this game plenty of replay value.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.