Build 229 Patch Notes
We know, we are naughty. We tried to get 229 out last week, but it was a recalcitrant brat. Basically, we fed it to Brian's beard in order to straighten it out. The end result of that is that 229 is now live on Steam. And that you are actually playing the waste by-product of feeding game lua code to a grown man's facial hair.
Think about that.
For those of you who made it through that thought, here's the changelog! Lots of fixes and improvements. All the pyromaniacs amongst you will be particularly happy to see that the flame-thrower will no longer burn you while you use it, and leaves fire everywhere after... Firing.
Without further ado, a list of things that people did recently:
- Nutrient mist won't display for Marine Commanders when they do not have line of sight anymore.
- Fixed issues when downloading a mod on the server that didn't contain a valid title.
- Fixed Flamethrower damaging the owner.
- Fixed bug causing the pistol to sometimes lockup, preventing the player from shooting.
- Fixed various crashes when a system runs out of video memory.
- Fixed issue where pre-evolving eggs were not valid for respawning.
- Fixed bug where resource would be lost if the Commander clicks on pre-evolve on an egg which had already a player assigned.
- Fixed bug causing Mines to give Marines weld orders after they had taken damage.
- Fixed hallucinated structures appearing unbuilt.
- Fixed bug where Commander Alerts were not 100% responsive to player input.
- Fixed issue where the main menu would be displayed for a single frame when launching the game directly into a map or a server.
- Fixed bug causing weapons to "teleport" back to where they were last equipped when a Marine dies.
- Fixed error in the dedicated server documentation specifying how to create .htpasswd files.
- Added detailed error messages when a .htpasswd file is not properly constructed.
- The game will no longer allow switching to a map that doesn't exist (causing all Clients to be disconnected)
- Fixed bug causing the Command Station to display the "Start commanding" help text while unbuilt or while the team already has a Commander.
- Fixed bug causing the Hive to display the "Start commanding" help text while unbuilt.
- Changed the default Taunt key to T instead of Q to prevent a conflict with Request Health.
- Fixed Server script error caused by a game ending while the teams were unbalanced.
- Fixed issue where a mod could crash the game by specifying an invalid index when querying the list of servers.
- Fixed issue where requesting the server list could overflow or crash some modems.
- Fixed rare problem in the Main Menu caused by the options file becoming corrupted.
- Fixed bug where mod names would sometimes be displayed as ???
- Fixed bug in the "Quick Join" feature.
- Fixed bug where mods could not be installed through the web administration interface.
- Fixed bug where regeneration effect was visible while cloaked.
- Server Browser: "Filter Modded" checkbox now saved.
- Fixed Hydras not interacting with nutrient mist.
- Fixed Couldn't open "" error message.
- Fixed Flamethrowers not creating flame residues.
- The "connection problems" icon is displayed in yellow or red depending on the "severity" of the problem.
- Replaced script error with a warning message when a server config file is ill-formed.
- Improved bloom performance (thanks Alexander Szpakowski!)
- Fixed bug where all models in a level were loaded twice during the loading process.
- Load-time optimization: Caching some pathing data, so loads should be faster after loading a map for the first time.
- Added a hint for the NVIDIA Optimus driver to use the high performance GPU.
- Fixed crash and added an error message when the bones for a model don't match the model that is being referenced for animations.
- Fixed crash when loading a COLLADA file exported by OpenCollada.
- Added Client.GetServerIsSecure function to determine if a server has VAC enabled.
- Added an optional callback function to Client.RefreshServer.
- Fixed issue where passing invalid value to some script functions would report a script error, but continue execution.
- Added Client.GetServerIsModded and Client.GetServerTickRate functions.
- Added Client.RequestServerDetails function which must be called before a server's key/values can be queries.
- Added a version of Server.SendNetworkMessage() which takes a ServerClient object instead of a Player entity.