A demake of the old Bullfrog Productions game, Magic Carpet, done in the style of the original Gameboy, using its palette as according to Wikipedia.
The first version of Mystical Rug made available. Very barebones at this point. Controls and issues are listed under read more.
The controls are:
Up and down arrow keys – move forward and backward.
Left and right arrow keys – angle the player up and down.
Z – Fire the selected spell.
X – Turn 180 degrees (required if you want to face the other direction).
Shift – Change spell selection.
Issues I know about:
- When moving up and/or down to the point that the camera’s position changes, the player might be a little twitchy.
- Archer movement is still a bit twitchy.
- When they hit corners, the AI won’t immediately move to the top of the block, but rather float through it.
- Archers aren’t animated.
- When you upgrade the castle, terrain might still appear over it.
- Balloons may get stuck in place occasionally (they SHOULDN’T, but they might).
- No real notification that you’ve won.
- If you hit the terrain and then rotate, you may get stuck until you rotate back and go backwards out of it. I haven’t implemented “anti-stuck” measures for the player yet.
Things I’ve intentionally left out:
- All terrain except water and underground tiles. They seem to be the ones causing issues with level 2 castles.
- Jars. I haven’t finished the sprites for the shrines yet, and I haven’t devised a system for them yet.
- Mini-map. I just haven’t gotten around to it just yet. I just got around to the other elements of the HUD, and some of them aren’t even done yet.
- Sound. Need to get some basic and ambient background sounds done.