The Windows demo of Multiwinia, a real-time retro-arcade strategy game.
Welcome to the ultimate retro-arcade multiplayer experience! Choose from a selection of six hilariously fun, action-packed game modes, set in one of the most beautiful game environs you will ever set eyes on. Challenge your opponent to a game of stick-man slaughter, and watch digital-war unfold, as your Multiwinian army struggles to complete a chosen task faster and better than your rival’s. It’s fast, it’s furious, and only the flattest will survive!
Hello everyone on ModDB! I'm Adrian Lopez, the founder and administrator of Introversion Tournaments, a community group centered around Multiwinia and DEFCON. We are attempting to host our first ever Multiwinia tournament! We have 3 spots filled, and there are 9 spots open for the taking! If interested and want to participate in the mayhem, please head on over to our forum! Full details on the tournament can be found below:
This tournament's name is the "Survival of the Flattest". The tournament will consist of 12 players split into 3 brackets(so there will be 3 matches and 1 finals match, moderated by us). The important details are:
- 4 players will face off in a 'Domination' match against eachother on the map 'The Holy Tree'
- It is every man for himself. He who owns the most spawn points or is the last man standing wins and moves on.
- The winning 3 players of the 1st round will proceed to the finals, where they will fight to the death(same rules and win conditions apply.
- You CANNOT talk, discuss, or converse with any competitors privately. If you do talk, it MUST be in all talk. If you try to converse with players privately(we will know) you will be disqualified and banned from competing in future tournaments.
- Once the competition begins, you MUST remove your opponents(should they be on your friends list) from your friends list. No private Steam chatting is allowed.
- Show sportsmanship and comradery, but fight the good fight and let there be no mercy.
- No trash talk or profound language against other competitors - have respect for your opponent.
- Should any rules be violated, you will be warned, and if you continue to act unfavorably, the match will be stopped and you will be disqualified from the tournament.
All players who participate in the tournament(albeit win or lose) will be recognized on the Introversion Tournaments forum by having their name put in purple(instead of the standard white), and the champion will have their name in a gold-yellow. The champion will also receive a free copy of HALF-LIFE 2. All participants will also be recognized in our tournament archives, and your name will always be there.
There is a SECOND prize that will be awarded, but it shall remain undisclosed until the competition begins.
Latest tweets from @ivsoftware
Todays bug: Workmen loading exports into a delivery truck, decided he's had enough and loaded himself in as well T.co
Mar 11 2014, 8:12am
I have all my gear but I'm back at the first bit of the village being attacked. That's like...over an hours play lost
Mar 9 2014, 8:00pm
Finally bought Diablo 3 thinking all problems MUST be solved by now. After purchase my entire quest progress up to Skeleton King was lost
Mar 9 2014, 7:53pm
@Ahdeny dark! I'd hate to see some of the death row facilities players would construct
Mar 8 2014, 7:59am
Good suggestions from everyone, thanks.
Mar 8 2014, 7:34am
@EpicJavster love it. Each fence segment can take 24 hours real time to complete as well.
Mar 8 2014, 6:37am
@kisu999 inspired idea
Mar 8 2014, 6:36am
Im shocked nobody has suggested micro transactions for game currency yet ;) don't any publishers follow us?
Mar 8 2014, 6:29am
@ray73864 we haven't forgotten you. We'll produce and ship everything close to when we launch v1. We're still many months away from that
Mar 4 2014, 3:38pm